What do you think?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by khensu0213, Mar 20, 2006.

1. khensu0213

khensu0213 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hi all.
    This was posted in another thread as well.
    I was thinking of trying my hand at creating a homemade bait. Here's what I'm thinking. Let me know what you guys think. I plan on trying this bait out this year. Here's the recipe:

1 pound chicken livers with blood
    grated parmesan cheese
    vanilla extract
    Garlic powder
    2 packets strawberry kool aid
    1 raw egg
    flour or cornmeal to thicken

Directions:
    mash up the livers, vanilla, and egg
    add in the kool aid, garlic powder, parmesan cheese and flour/ cornmeal to desired thickness.
    Let mixture set outside in some heat for a couple days

I plan on using a treble hook with the spring on it to hold the bait, so I'm thinking It's going to have to be pretty thick.

I figure the blood from the livers will be good, plus the scent of the parmesan and egg once it 'ripens' should be a good attractant. Let me know what you guys think.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I think thats what my Mrs. made for dinner last nite. LOL! Sure sounds like it should be funky enough.

3. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Funky is right. I would think it would work. Let us know.

4. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    That's the great thing about fishing for channels, darn near any concoction will probably work at some point and time. It does sound like it has several known bait additives all put together. I think you should field test it thouroughly and let us know. But I would say that it would work.

5. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    George you ain't right.......lol:)

ST

6. khensu0213

khensu0213 New Member

State:
    Illinois

Funny you should say that....I didn't mention I got the idea from my wife's recipe for French toast....did I say my wife has issues in the kitchen? I'm sure glad she doesn't look at this site. LOL

7. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    :p As Larry says "get her done" I use something almost the same her in New York and it works prety good for cats as well as large carp.