What do you think this was

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by creek_fisher88, Sep 1, 2006.

1. creek_fisher88

creek_fisher88 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    One day me and my buddy (ohio_river_rat) were fishing on 14 mile creek. we werent getting any bites where we were so we moved on down stream. we were getting some bites then all the sudden SPLAASH, we looked around and didnt see anything in the water. scared the snot out of us. we looked at each other and were like what n the ****** was that. it sounded like someone threw a giagantic rock in the water, then we thought it may have been a body, but we knew that definitley wasnt it. So when we got home he asked his dad what he thought it was and he said a bever slapping his tail on the water, but like i said we didnt see anything. i was wanting to see what you guys thought it was. thanks creek

2. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I would bet it was a beaver. That is a noise like no other, and will scare the bajeezes out of you. Most the time they do it as they are going under water, so you will not see them for a while, or they may swim out of site before resurfacing. I have had this happen twice, both times I had to go home and change shorts!:lol:

3. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    i would bet it was a beaver.ive had that happen a couple times on the fabius river,and north river here in mo.

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    My vote is on a beaver.

Scary little critters when they do that and ya can't see them.

5. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Beaver those suckers have scared the crap out of me more then once, or had me thinking there was a monster fish around.

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Sound like a bunch of girls. I see beavers just about every time I go fishing. They make me mad more then anything they like to slap there tails all the way around the boat tell you move.

7. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Yepp my money is on the beaver.

8. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Yeah Beavers have had me spooked many times in the past

9. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Beaver.Beaver.Beaver.

10. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Ohhhhhhhhhh me thinks it was the big ole nasty boogie man, with a tail like a beaver.:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

11. creek_fisher88

creek_fisher88 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That was soooo loud. it kinda sounded like a belly flop

12. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Unadentified Water Object is my bet.
    You just been slaped by a beaver my boy.
    Loop

13. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Bigfoot doing a 3 and a half gainer off the bridge.

14. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    a buddy and i were camping on the green river several years ago and had a similar experience. we were both asleep in our tents and it woke both of us up.we heard, what sounded like, somebody drove a truck off into the water and i will tell you this much, it wasnt a beaver! it is just not physically possible for a whole heard of beaver to duplicate what i heard that night. it sounded like something very big was actually dropped from a great distance. now over the years i have sat and thought about what that could have been. we wanted to believe it was a giant catfish:lol: but we both knew it wasnt. i think it was a bigfoot. JUST KIDDING!!! no but seriously, the only logical conclusion i can come up with is it was a large boulder that had fell out of the side of a cliff due to erosion or maybe a very large tree limb that rotted through and fell out of the top of a tree. maybe that it what you heard too. i sure hope it wasnt a bigfoot!

15. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Definitely a beaver. They'll do that crap every now and then.

16. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Definately a beaver have seen and heard them many of times.If you look at the water carefully enough you can see them swimming.

17. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    lol huge bass? meteorite/could be alot of things the feaR OF THE UNKNOWN haerd to say .good luck

18. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I vote beaver are someone throwing big rocks at you. Someone like

BIGFOOT

19. When I wuz a yung un my uncle boudreaux and me went "walkin" down a slough one night and heard dis noise. I asked him wat it wuz and he told me it wuz some damn beavers slappin dey tail, to told da udder beavers dat dey is someone out dere and warnin dem. sho enough when we get dere close to da dam he shine his spotlight(yes we was just walkin and not huntin, at least not dis night)(and it was many years ago)it wuz some beavers in da slough, you could see dem in da water and every now and den dey would slap dey tail... so I would tink it wuz a beaver and not BIGFOOT, cause everybody knows dey aint no such ting as bigfoot.....but it could be da swamp wolley booger or da swamp parlangua......:roll_eyes: