what do you think the hardest fighting fish is

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bigal1, Oct 21, 2005.

1. bigal1

bigal1 New Member

State:
    huntsville alabama
    what are the hardest fightin fresh water that you have ever caught

2. bigal1

bigal1 New Member

State:
    huntsville alabama
    catfish for me a big lb. cat can fight pretty hard

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Limb fish. Very few I have been able to pull in. LOL.

Cats put up a good fight. I would say cats are the best for me. I also like bream. Those things can put up a fight for their size.

4. Mathersm

Mathersm New Member

State:
    Darbydale, Ohio
    pound for pound I dont think anything fights better than a Smallmouth. Then next would have to be rainbow trout as they will fight to the death.

5. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    id have to say for its relative weight,,,, ive not caught anything that fights harder than a nasty old eel.

6. hoosier angler

hoosier angler New Member

State:
    Arizona
  7. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    big stripers hit hard

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Chad, That is just what I thought when I saw this thread. I've only caught one, but what a battle! It was in the dark and I didn't know what it was, thought it was going to break my wrists. lol. I cant imagine what a four or five foot eel would do to you. :eek:

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Pound for pound I would have to say Bluegill!!! If you were to catch a 20lb bluegill you would need some heavey duty gear to bring him in. I don't think you would bring him in on the same gear you catch 20lb cats on, LOL!!!

10. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Dang J.W. now I got this picture in my mind of a huge mutant Bluegill. LOL I don't think I'd want to catch a bluegill that size. LOL Cause you're right, they are a fighint devil that's for sure!! I gotta say though I caught a 34 lb Chinook Salmon in Washington State on light gear and thought I'd never get that thing in.

11. omots2

omots2 New Member

State:
    abrerdeen md
    got to agree with dreadnaught pound for pound a bluegill is a real scrapper .

12. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I'd say Bluegill also guys.... I've got a lil ultra light with 2lbs. test line and them Bluegill will strip off line just like a Big Bad Ol' Cat or any other Big Guy.....

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Bluegill/Bream are fun to catch. Love to troll around in coves catching em.. Good way to teach kids how to fish. We have fried up a few and they aint bad.
    Might need a bigger boat for a 20lb'er. LOL. :D

14. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    smallmouth,muskie, Blue cats out of a river. There's just something about the differents between a lake caught cat and a river cat....

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    we must have sterioids in the mud here cause a carp and drum(sheepshead) are the fightingest things around these parts. a 3# carp or sucker feels like a 13# catfish. lol. and even after i get it in and relize that its not a cat i still complain but i toss it back cause it was fun.

16. eggman

eggman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    well, here in Missouri i have to say that the smallmouth bass is the top fighter, the carp would be next and i would say the the drum is a handful as well.

egg

17. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Mudfish "Bowfin" by far! They are trash fish mean & nasty and pull like a mac truck,fun to catch. I've landed lots of them over 10# and one over 15# and they never give up,even out of the water. LOL

18. ohiocattracker

ohiocattracker New Member

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    I would say a Carp or Smallmouth but like others said Gills also fight hard and are a blast to catch and taste great.

19. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

I'm here to tell ya the Bream story is true! Pound for pound they are the toughest especially the Redear (pre-spawn) I've caught many species Salt and fresh, but I'd have to say lately my favorite fightin' fish is the Skipjack!
    If you ain't quick enough they will spit your hook right back at ya with precision. Kind of like their cousin the outrageous Tarpoon (that's for Gator!) Ain't nothing like 'em anywhere on the planet, jump two or three feet out of the water make Greg Louganis jealous with their manuvers and look you dead in the eye as if to say "Try again fisher man!" Now that's Cool! :cool:

20. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    If there was a 20 lb bluegill then yeah that would be a fight. But I think one of the hardest fighting fish are hybrid stripers.