What do you think of Matzuo and VMC hooks??

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by porboy, Jul 29, 2006.

1. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I found some Matzuo Circle hooks and VMC treble hooks on sale and after looking at them I bought some. Did I do good or are they junk. I buy mostly
    Gamas and Eagle Claw for the most part. What luck have you had with them??

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I use VMC circles a good bit now days. They seem a bit stronger than the Gama's.

3. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    i tried vmc circles and as far as i'm concerned they don't hold they point very well..... gotta sharpen them often!

4. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    I have used the Matzu before and had no complaints. I am a sucker for a good deal and with some of the places I fish you lose alot of tackle so a good deal is a bonus. Below the Dam you do not have to worry about resharpening hooks. It won't be there that long.

5. Dnedster

Dnedster New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I love the VMC's sharp out of the box gammies #2 there not as heavy but scary sharp IMO eagles are junk no size guide lines in circles. If you want a hook that won't bend VMS salt water hooks built stought and then some. Go to E-bay search circle hooks got some deals there.

Ned

6. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I aint never sine a hook as sharp as a gama they are #1, Owner's are right there allso.............

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I have never used them. They seem to be hard to find around here, and when you do find them the selection is limited.

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Hey Wylie if I can remember I'll bring a few 10/0 3X Sure Set Circle Hooks next weekend.

9. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    I've used some small snelled Matzuo circle hooks to catch sunfish for bait for a long time now, and I love them. They are very sharp hooks, and have a curve similar to an octopus circle.

10. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    I used 4/0 matuo's for channels the last year or two they worked ok. They are very sharp. Hookup ratio was pretty decent. I bought some big ones, 9/0 or so and the eyes aren't closed all the way and they cut into the line if you snell them. I think the hooks are more designed for scaley fish. The J hooks they make are very nice and sharp too but a more conservative design.

11. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    i love the vmc red 5/0 circles seam to have great hook up ratio just dont try to set the hook. just let them run some and reel in.

12. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I use a lot of Matso hooks and have had no problems with them, where I fish there is no since of sharpening them if you don't catch a fish your hung up so I just put on a new one.