What do you think it scores??

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Indysfinest22, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Indysfinest22

Indysfinest22 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Here is two pictures of my bow kill last season from indiana, one with me and one with my girlfriend holding it, it has split brow tines and 10 points maybe 11 redneck style, i know the only way to get the exact answer is to have it scored but its still in my deep freazer, so i would like to have you folk's estimates on this, Thanks!

Also the inside spread is 21 and 3/4!

Attached Files:

2. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    I think it would score in the mid 130's.

3. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I agree, some where in there. Last year my buddy shot one that everyone thought would be around 170 class and when officially scored it was 154 and it was a monster. Makes me wonder what a deer that scores in the 190's must look like in person.

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    125 or 130 or so would be my guess.

5. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    Regardless of what it scores that thing is huge. Conrats on the kill.

6. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Nice Buck! Congrats! Im guessing somewhere around 110 to 130. Regardless that is a nice buck.

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nice buck. B&C has a calculator that you enter measurements and it spits out the score. Hard to tell what it would score. Gross score might be 150 before deductions...Idunno. I would be happy to shoot it. :big_smile:

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm no official scorer but with it's good width and beam length i'm sayin 130's to 140's. He don't have really long times but the buck does have good mass from what i can see. Get a cloth tape and measure it, it will give ya a good guess. Very nice buck regardless of what it scores. Congrats

9. coolbreeze70

coolbreeze70 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Nice buck but hard to tell in a picture.:cool2:

10. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    agreed !! 135 +- 5"

11. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    It's definently hard to tell in the pics. That's one nice buck and congrats to you!! On the score, I'm guessing in the low 130's or high 120's. The buck appears to have great mass, good spread, but is lacking in the tine length. Appears to be fairly uniform on both sides, so there shouldn't be much on deductions!! Anyhow, that's a buck to be proud off.

Great job bro!! reps to ya!!

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Collin,I aint got a clue,But I think there are way too many "horn hunters" these days. Nice buck,But best of all,Lots of great protien there,Ya cant eat the horns.:wink:

13. Indysfinest22

Indysfinest22 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Oh by no means am i a horn hunter, i took that buck and 11 does last year to feed my family, and trust me thats not over harvest when you have 1100 acres of farm land to hunt, i have bow hunted that buck for 2 seasons and he was past his prime, he was much larger last year. I have bow hunted for 12 years in search of some major bone with my bow, ill take any mature deer, its all meet in the freezer! Wack em en stack em!! thanks for the compliments guys, but they are deffinately over populated in this part of indiana.

14. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Congrats on that hog!!!

My guess is about 145, hard to tell when you cant see the deductions. Theyll mess up a score quick, also thats green score, ya might lose another 3-4 points after it dries.

15. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia

That's my guess, too. I have one about the same size that scored 133 5/8.

16. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That sure is a nice deer. I would say around 130 +- 10, its had to tell from pictures and only after seeing the deer dead for awhile can you tell. They usually shrink after being on the ground awhile. But that is a nice buck by my book, i would be very happy with him. I am happy over the does I shoot. SGT Shorey out

17. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    Gross, 140ish. Nice deer. Ive got some I'll try and post too.

18. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'd say 125 to 130. He has an awesome spread and decent mass, but lacks the tine height to score high. Definitely a shooter buck in my book if he is an older deer on his way down.

19. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i say 135ish whats the real score?

20. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I'm going to say upper 130's for sure. It looks like it might have some decent mass, so that might push it into the 141-142 range. I'm talking gross score. Net after deductions and drying out, oh, I'd say probably 125.

A buddy of mine killed one a couple of years ago that went just under 125 gross. It wasn't as wide, or as much mass as yours, but it had a bit longer tines that were all close to perfect.