What do you think about Zebco 808 combo?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by truckin4x4, Jul 26, 2006.

1. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    i just got a Zebco 808 combo and i was just wondering what you guys think. do you think it will be worth the 30 bucks i spent on it?

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Brother that is a question only you can answer. I have put much more money in to combos and some have never hit the water. If it make you happy and it does what you what then it is money well spent.

3. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    ive checked it out a couple of times, it seems like a pretty good little combo, i wouldnt chase anything huge on it though, but you should be able to handle deceient sized fish.

4. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Just bought a 808 and put it on a 8' Ugly Stick. Haven't tried it out yet but think that it will handle 99.99999999% of fish around here. Have some good baitcasters on other poles also. Did you know that many professional fishermen (bass) have a 35, 000 boat, 250.00 rod, 300 to 400.00 reel, and thousands of dollars in lures and misc. equipment and the average fish caught weighs less than 2 pounds.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Rob, hope ya catch a fish with it brother. We are bound to get into them sometime soon!!!

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I have one thats around 12-15yrs old its still a good real hope you enjoy yours:lol:

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I ran into a guy down at the lake that has 5 combo's like you were talking about an dhe loves them. He said that is all he fishes with and has had no problems with any of them.

8. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    yeah i have a 606 and it casts very good.but have yet to catch anything on it.

9. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Id say they were good for fish up to 20 pounds.

10. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Rob, the 808s are ok, but if you try one of the RSC3 or RSC5s you won't go back to the 808. the RSC series is a fine closed faced spinner

11. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    Phil, i'm going to try on out this weekend. my buddy keeps telling me about his and he says the same thing. were going to a freinds inlaws house this weekend. they have 5 ponds just loaded with cats. well thats what they say. so if you guys have any idea on what i can use for bait let me know. i just want to skunk these guys.HEHEHEHEHA
    :lol: :haha:

12. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Rob I dont think I am gonna be able to fish in the morning, swamped with work. If it changes maybe we can fish in the afternoon if we dont get too wet. Still up at the office, have a closing whenever we get docs on Williams Rd. LMAO

13. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    My 808 stood up to fresh and saltwater fishing for 25+ years.It is sort of faded out by the sun,but still working like new.Had the same luck with my 888.Now I did have to change the line.peewee-williams

14. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Rob, I have two 808 combos and I really like them. Don't know how good it would be on a big cat, but the ones I catch, it works just fine.

15. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Not to bad for the money.

16. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    they use them for bow fishing reels to should tell you somthing i have several ambassaders but want a 808 or a rhino reel just to chang my pace some..good luck brother id buy one i saw one at walmart there heavy 808 magnum built like a tank my step dad loves them .....