What do you take hunting?

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by thomcat, Sep 17, 2006.

1. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    what do u take for eats while huntin... and what to drink...
    i take a big sammich and coffee to keep warm

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

beef ribs covered in picante sauce and thrown on the grill all day while I am out hunting. Spam, bologna, hot dogs, fresh fruits, you name it

3. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Water, sandwiches, fruit and usually some candy. Once I connect I take a big bag of deer jerky.:big_smile:

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I gave up on the sandwitch and coffee.....I swear it's like fishing. Soon as you try and take care of personal business....coffee on the gun, sandwitch hanging out of my big mouth, no wait , it's falling out of the tree now! What a big beautiful tail on that critters butt, and I got mayo on the stock! Darn that happened fast!
    :sad2:
    Apples are good. Also a cover/curiosity scent. And some kind of energy drink with a cap lid. You can go a long way on peanuts too. I leave the thermos in the truck. Gives me something to look forward to and cheers one up if the tag is still in your pocket.

"If it bleeds you can kill it. If it pushes a turd you can eat it."
    USMC survival training.

5. greasemonkey07

greasemonkey07 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i usually take jolly ranchers or something to keep me occupied till i get a chance to eat.

6. buckshot

buckshot New Member

State:
    kansas
    the only time i eat when im hunting is when i cant spot from caughing so i will take some jolly ranchers or other hard candy that does not have much of a sent.

7. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    i'll eat before i go so all i take is a bottle of pop with a screw on cap.and a empty bottle for my chew spit.although i have noticed that spitting on the ground doesnt really affect them.i've actually had deer come up and smell it .but i try to take an empty bottle most of the time.

8. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Well Mr. Pen~Dot.. Since I'm probably goin with you this year I guess I'll have the wife pack a thermos full of her home~made Chillie...YUMMMM and although I don't drink maybe a good ol' Yeungling Porter after the hunt. Just hot coffee during.

We are going Muzzelloading at your Pap's farm right? PM me.

9. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I take a jug of water,and 3 cans of sardines.my wife wont let me eat them at the house:sad2: smokey

10. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I usualy take a back pack full of stuff, sandwiches, 2 thermos's of coffee and pop, peanuts and last years jerky if there is any left. Once I get my big, old butt up that stand I'm not coming down till it's dark or something hits the ground, oh yea I take a pee bottle also.

11. riverratmatt

riverratmatt New Member

State:
    ky, totz
    i take sardens packed in oil this way ill pour the oil on my dogs food so that she will eat her food and leave mine alone

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    my rifle 3 rounds of ammo cell phone pocket knife

13. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I take one or two canteen of water, left over halloweeen candy, if I got some, I try to buy some smoked polish sausage and put them in a cargo pocket, canteen on a rope over my shoulder under my coat so it don't freeze, drag rope over my shoulder or wrapped around my waist, compass, whistle and AAA flashlight just in case, around my neck, GPS, deer grunter, bullets, map, sometimes a pint of coffee, when i was a kid we took it in a pt whiskey bottle in our back pocket, but now I like it warmer. I carry a belt pack, but just keep extra clothes in it, sometimes it warm up in the day, I can put it in there, or tie it on there. I carry a swiss army knife, one with a small saw blade on it, a roll of orange marking tape, boot lace, and one of them big freezer bags to put the heart and liver in. I try to keep my license where I can remember where I put it. Game wardens appreciate that.

14. Madtownangler

Madtownangler New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Last nights leftovers, a couple cans of diet Mt Dew, and a bottle of water. Also some cough drops or hard candy. I mostly pack clothes in my backpack so I don't have a lot of room for food and I don't want to be hauling all that stuff a couple miles to my stand. We usually hit a buffet or order some pizza at the end of the day to make up for not eating very much.

I also have an LED headlamp, box of ammo, and a foam pad to sit on. I found a blaze orange backpack to put it all in.

15. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I always take jolly ranchers out too. In case you got a cough, they work like cough drops and don't taste as bad. Also bring two bottles of diet dew with. The thermos stays in the truck. That's all I got room for with the other hunting stuff: ammo for shotgun, ammo for pistol, calls, headlamp, etc.

16. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Rifle, sheels and a knife. I usually carry a bottle of water in these hills and maybe a milkyway. I travel pretty lite.

17. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Stuff that is simple and easy to prepare. We hunt from before sunrise until dark with very few breaks in between.

18. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I take a bottle of water and peanut butter sandwiches or peanuts. I've got a cough silencer (best $6.00 I ever spent) so I don't bring cough drops or candy. I mostly hunt from a climbing stand so I try to pack light.

19. Fish Bait

Fish Bait New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Little Debbies and water

20. big corey

big corey New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i dont eat or drink much while hunting but i always have my empty
    bottle and couple cans of grizzly keep my food in the truck