What do you prefer: Bank fishing or boat fishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by jlingle, Mar 27, 2006.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I was just wondering and wanting to get some insight into what you guys prefer the most: fishing from the bank, or from a boat? I've always done most of my catfishing from the bank, and on a rare occasion I've catfished from a boat. Being primarily a bank fisherman, I've caught most of my fish from the bank, but I have to admit that I've hooked and/or caught more bigger fish from a boat. What about you guys?

Jerrod

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Well I'm on the bank because the boat dosen't work and need's major fixing. I would much rather be in a boat the majority of the time.:)

3. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    same here I have done most of my fishing from a shore would love have boat but have to get a truck first I did fish out a boat a couple weekeds ago a butt hurt from sitting to long but I like to fish from shore makes more fun because you have no fish finder no tell when there is a big hole you just have to take guess and fish to see what happends

But I am sure if I had a boat I would love to fish of that

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    depends on the situation and area for me, but if i had only 1 choice.....Bank!

5. etipriga

etipriga New Member

State:
    TX
    i have bank fished a while and i definately prefer the boat. Every time i go fishing on the bank i seem to get the stuff thats called poison ivy. Even when i fish from the boat i still get it every now and then.
    I think its a lot easier to find good structre when your in the boat and you can get to alot of places that the bank doesnt allow.

6. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    if I'm fishing at the lake I prefer the boat,if I'm at the river I like the bank.

7. vinny

vinny New Member

State:
    ill.
    bank fishing just

8. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    boat fishing for me.

9. vinny

vinny New Member

State:
    ill.
    bank fishing I like to fish the rivers fox river by the dams and the rockriver just up streem from rockisland there is a good hole I will spend a lot of time there eazy for me to tail gate next to that hole do not like to boat on the river just wait and they come by maybe I will get my big fish there got lots of info from this site from all here thanks now I will put it to good use CPR only just to injoy there are a lot of new to me ways I lerned from all of you

10. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Hands down...BOAT...it gives you a lot more flexability.:)

11. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I like both.... When bankfishin' I can just relax and walk around if my legs get cramped. But it always seems that I'm thinkin' "dang, I should of brought the jon this time".... On the boat I want to fish too many places at once...

12. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I like fishing from "The Bank"

Only because I don't own a boat. :know-big:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

13. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    For me, I have done both for most of my life! I grew up fishing from boats and the bank as the situation deemed necessary. The fact is, that I will use a boat sometimes to get to where I can shore fish and the boat at this point becomes transportation. I have caught Big fsh from both and ENJOY both. I feel that the situation that you are in will best dictate the choice. When ocean fishing, I must admit that a boat is my choice as we sometimes are out as much as 5 miles from shore. This on a small boat can be dangerous. It can also be dangerous when on Large Reservoirs as the Ross Barnett can get from time to time as I remember. My choice is BOTH. JMHO!!!

HOPPY4

14. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    Bank fishing on the river.

15. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I prefer to fish from my boat. However there are good and bad points to be made for each method. Fishing from the bank limits you to the water directly in front of you which is OK if its a real good spot but from a boat if a spot isn't producing just move to the next likely area. The best thing about bank fishing is having a nice warm fire. I just love a good fire, cook some hot dogs on a stick, roast some marshmellows, good stuff!!! Either way I'm fishing which means I'm not at work or at home working on the honey-do list, so it's all good!

16. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    I fish from the bank letting my rod be the fish finder. scouting from the bank for good spots to fish and then using the rid to see if there are any fish in that area. gains you alot more skills.

Plus it makes fishing hat it is to be a challenge.

17. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    i have done both. but as itch2scratch stated a boat gives you more flexability. you loose less tackle in a boat. you can get to better fishing holes. and where i fish it makes it a whole lot easier netting shad.

18. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I fish from boat 95% of the time. but if gas prices keep going up then I'll stay on the bank more and keep more gas money in the bank!

19. CatBusster

CatBusster New Member

State:
    Out Fishing
    pros and cons for both but I like boat fishing but find fishing to structures alot easier from the bank and less disruptive to the other rods.

With a boat you have a lot more freedom to fish areas that do not normally see a bait, maybe I will do a boat and bank experiment here with the catch records?

20. khensu0213

khensu0213 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    No boat = me fishing from the bank. Although I dream of owning a boat....someday.:rolleyes: