What do you like?

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by 223reload, Jul 16, 2007.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    What do you like in a bass rod? me the lightest I can find in a Med or MHaction I have two and both are rigged with baitcasting reels also have one from the NAFC for lifetime membership its a nice Diawa med action but its a spinner so i dont use it much.

2. revolver

revolver New Member

State:
    Chicago il
    mine has to be light and very sensitive with a spinning rod so i can fell everything on the bottom when im jigging and so i can fell the fish more when bringing him in.I love a good fight

3. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    I have a m/h rod with a closed face reel i like. I also like a spinning reel if its short enough for my hands, most spinners are too spaced out and large for me to hold one handed. I like a rod with a short handle also, the long ones get in my way and are too bundlesome.

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
  5. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Just completely depends on the situation. I fish a lot of topwater frogs and my rod for that is a 6ft MH action rod with a 7:1 Browning baitcaster rigged with 30lb Suffix braid.

6. GUNTZ

GUNTZ New Member

State:
    CLEBURNE texas
    I USE 7FT6IN ROD(TEAM DIAWA)M/H FOR JIGGING, 7FT(TEAM DIAWA)M/ACTION FOR WORMING ,6FT6IN M/ACTION SPINNING FOR CRANKING(SMALL BAITS):cool2:

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I like a Med Action rod!

8. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    i like a med action rod, but i like rods where there is no cork above where the reel goes, it makes it much easier to feel bights that could possibly be missed

9. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    6', medium action, fast tip, spinning reel with 10 lb. test.

10. Rastus

Rastus Active Member

State:
    North Central, Missouri
    7 ft. ugly stick m/h, spinning reel w/10 lb test

11. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    I like the most sensitivity i can get in a med. action rod. I have a basspro bass setup i got for $29 dollars on sale. i filled it with 10lb suffix. but plan on going down to 6lb.

12. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    i forgot to put the line i use, i usually use 4-8ib stren extra strong test, i normally dont use any higher than 8, i figured this out one day when i was fishing for about 2 hours with 14ib test and i had caught one small bass, i snagges up on something and broke my line, i picked up another rod with 6ib test on it, with the exact same lure (carolina rigged YUM chartuese lizzard) and casted back in, i caught 5 fish over the course of 30 minutes, in the range of 2-4 pounds, worked much better but i always make sure to keep my drag turned down when im fishing with light test, and when a fish hits you adjust your drag to how your fish is fighting.

13. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    6.5', medium action, very fast tip, spinning reel with 8lb. test. I use a shimano rod and reel setup.

14. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    If I had to pick a favorite its my 5' one piece Zebco UL spinning rod with a shimano fx2000 reel. I usually use a small topwater popper or a white spinnerbait.

15. Mr_WhiskerHunter

Mr_WhiskerHunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have a 7'0 shimano med. action rod with a shimano spining reel loaded with 8lb stren in hi vis green. I love the sensitivity of the shimano rods. I was real surprised to say the least.

16. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    My set up is 6'6" MH with 25lb. braided line. Then a 5'6" UL with 8lb Mono on it, I break it out when things slow down in the summer heat it has .

17. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    my fav. is a 6'6 berkley lightning rod with an abu 4300 on it. i fish a lot of diverse bass habitat so i generally use 10-12 # suffix line in the sage color.