What Do You Like to Give ????

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishrollo, Apr 17, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The great thing about the BOC is everyone can give their knowledge and know how on different subjects pertaining to catfishing. Techniques, including rigs, tackle, and seasonal patterns for the fish are a ton of information for the cat angler. My question is, how or what do you usually give to help those, and are there ant things you shy away from? I will post to give all my haters something to cry about! :smile2: j/k......rollo

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I will always answer questions, and even give my advise and opinions like I have to help those wanting to learn new styles and to better there catch by learning....I will not talk much about location and give spots up! I think this is obtained by time on the water, and paying your dues to catfishing. I think the average angler gains more from information than the " come here" and " fish here" ! And to be honest, I have worked my butt off night after night to find the places I fish.... call me whatever. But, I feel adequate info. is more important to catching consistently than a good spot given here or there....shoot your opinions.....rollo

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I like giving away my enemies fishin spots..... so don't tick me off! :wink:

4. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    I am a repelican! I taketh away, I don't give! :crazy:

5. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    Anytime guys ask me where I caught my fish, I just hook my finger into the corner of my mouth and say, "I usually catch `em right here, in the corner"

6. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    And if they press on with, "but how deep are you catching them nowadays?", I respond with, "all the way down, right on the bottom".

And when they ask, "no, I mean how far out do you go?", I say, "Well, we get up at 3:30 and go straight out till the sun comes up. That`s where we fish".

They usually get the point about then.

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    LMAO!!!! From what I heard, He didn't take you anywhere that 200 other people don't know about, LOL!!! Those aren't much of a secret, LMAO!!!

Poor Shawn...Bamboozzled again, :eek:oooh::embarassed::eek:oooh::embarassed::eek:oooh: :wink::smile2:!!!

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you guys are funny! LOL... however, I understand its a brotherhood! But, I feel I give to the Brotherhood with solid information on the, " how to".... I have dealt with those that feel a brotherhood should consist of a fishing spot or two in your area! I don't care personally for them people! ......rollo

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jason,I have done soooo many things during my lifetime ,which have been rewarding ,I just gotta share when anyone asks a Question. I dont care if its right or not ,If I dunnit an it worked I'll share. I also dont respond if I cant add any usefull info .

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Just look at my football posts. :wink: Honestly I try to fish as much as possible, my job prohibits it. :angry:

11. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    That, from a guy that got his nose busted the last time DH stopped and farted...... :crazy:

12. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I give what people ask for, I don't typically write "articles" but I'm building up to that when I have more time. If I can help or throw in my two cents, then that is what I do.

13. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think you should tell any one that asks, every thing you know. Don't worry about giving up a good spot, if your that good you can find another one! lol
    Really now, no one ever believes what a fisherman tells them any way, so I just tell the truth. I find that most guys won't follow the advice you give them any way. :roll_eyes:

14. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I love taking my neice and nephews fishing and making up some baits, that I know they will have success with, last year my I made up a bait for my dad to try while catfishing and he missed one of the biggest fish he has ever had on his line. Its good to help, teach and educate people on the way to catch fish and the techniques that we have been taught over the years.

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jack are you still fishing that spot? I was just joking:smile2: rollo

16. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Are you trying to crowd me out? LOL

17. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The only thing I give on this forum is CRAP!!!:smile2:

18. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That's Me, I try to add a little humor. If we can't laugh at ourselves or each other, it would be a boring world.

19. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    If a person needs any thing I can help with, I'll try to help. If that means telling them where I fish so be it.:wink:

20. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i think i deserve an award from "unka paul" on how not to do whatever it is ppl are trying to do. especially catch fish, or talk politics.