Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The great thing about the BOC is everyone can give their knowledge and know how on different subjects pertaining to catfishing. Techniques, including rigs, tackle, and seasonal patterns for the fish are a ton of information for the cat angler. My question is, how or what do you usually give to help those, and are there ant things you shy away from? I will post to give all my haters something to cry about! :smile2: j/k......rollo

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will always answer questions, and even give my advise and opinions like I have to help those wanting to learn new styles and to better there catch by learning....I will not talk much about location and give spots up! I think this is obtained by time on the water, and paying your dues to catfishing. I think the average angler gains more from information than the " come here" and " fish here" ! And to be honest, I have worked my butt off night after night to find the places I fish.... call me whatever. But, I feel adequate info. is more important to catching consistently than a good spot given here or there....shoot your opinions.....rollo

·
Registered
319 Posts
And if they press on with, "but how deep are you catching them nowadays?", I respond with, "all the way down, right on the bottom".

And when they ask, "no, I mean how far out do you go?", I say, "Well, we get up at 3:30 and go straight out till the sun comes up. That`s where we fish".

They usually get the point about then.

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you guys are funny! LOL... however, I understand its a brotherhood! But, I feel I give to the Brotherhood with solid information on the, " how to".... I have dealt with those that feel a brotherhood should consist of a fishing spot or two in your area! I don't care personally for them people! ......rollo

·
Registered
10,792 Posts
Jason,I have done soooo many things during my lifetime ,which have been rewarding ,I just gotta share when anyone asks a Question. I dont care if its right or not ,If I dunnit an it worked I'll share. I also dont respond if I cant add any usefull info .

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
LMAO!!!! From what I heard, He didn't take you anywhere that 200 other people don't know about, LOL!!! Those aren't much of a secret, LMAO!!!

Poor Shawn...Bamboozzled again, :eek:oooh::embarassed::eek:oooh::embarassed::eek:oooh: :wink::smile2:!!!
That, from a guy that got his nose busted the last time DH stopped and farted...... :crazy:

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
I think you should tell any one that asks, every thing you know. Don't worry about giving up a good spot, if your that good you can find another one! lol
Really now, no one ever believes what a fisherman tells them any way, so I just tell the truth. I find that most guys won't follow the advice you give them any way. :roll_eyes:

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I love taking my neice and nephews fishing and making up some baits, that I know they will have success with, last year my I made up a bait for my dad to try while catfishing and he missed one of the biggest fish he has ever had on his line. Its good to help, teach and educate people on the way to catch fish and the techniques that we have been taught over the years.

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think you should tell any one that asks, every thing you know. Don't worry about giving up a good spot, if your that good you can find another one! lol
Really now, no one ever believes what a fisherman tells them any way, so I just tell the truth. I find that most guys won't follow the advice you give them any way. :roll_eyes:
Jack are you still fishing that spot? I was just joking:smile2: rollo

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Are you trying to crowd me out? LOL

·
Registered
11,102 Posts
The only thing I give on this forum is CRAP!!!:smile2:
That's Me, I try to add a little humor. If we can't laugh at ourselves or each other, it would be a boring world.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
i think i deserve an award from "unka paul" on how not to do whatever it is ppl are trying to do. especially catch fish, or talk politics.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.