What do you like to do while catfishing to pass the time?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by topjimmy, Jan 18, 2006.

1. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    When I was a kid in Minnesota, I loved to listen to the loons call and watch the shoreline for deer and moose when I was out fishing with my Grandpa.

These days, living in Arizona, my favorite thing is to set up my lantern and watch the bats take the insects it draws.

My buddy likes to drink Heineken's. We both like to listen to classic rock, and during the day we like to evaluate the swimwear of the female lake goers.

What is your favorite thing to do while you are waiting for the bite?

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    As my buddy Flathunter will attest to, I like to SLEEP, while I'm catfishing.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Drink Cold Barly Pop.....Ummmmmm

4. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Listen to the BaseBall game real low.

5. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Topjimmy is correct nothing better then a lil green can, a little music and visiting with friends while waiting for things to heat up. ( the swim wear is nice at times as well) I am also aware of someone (initial poster) who likes to use his coyote call while others are trying to get their beauty rest. :0a23:

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    if its during daylight hours and im bankfishing ill whip out my carp/smallie/white bass/saugeye rod, wander up and down the bank looking for junk that washed up, play with the slingshot, gather firewood, roam the woods, if anyones fishin near us i'll say hi, start a conversation, dig out of them info on spots and bait holes:D , and/or do what one of my buddy's does best.........

Attached Files:

7. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS

That would have to rank way up there with my favorite things to do while fishin!

I'll get out the ultra light and try for skippies. Soak up some rays. Listen to some tunes. Shoot the bull with whoever is in the boat, if anyone. Comptemplate life. (I know, I know....too deep). Look for deer. Just be....

8. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    dink, I've got a buddy that does that too ! He's also like Brad, in that he likes to listen to the ballgame on the radio. I like to listen to ol' country music while fishin'. I like to watch the sky at night. On a clear night, you can watch satilites go wizzing by. Shootin' stars are cool also. When we are able to burn again, I like to watch a camp fire burn.
    Most of all, I like to listen for the bell to ring on the end of my pole.

9. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yeah i forgot about scoping for satellites, you can go forever without seein any but theres times the sky's full of 'em.

10. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I like to contimplate constipation.....Oh, and I read my books. A students work is never done.

11. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I just like to talk to my dad.....and look at the stars and stuff.

Matthew....uhhhh....:0a11: :sick-big: :blink: .....lol

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I always think that I would rather be home in bed;)

13. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    well i cant say i have a problem with constipation but im always looking for a place to take a good country pooh lol.But since i dont have a fishing buddy i just enjoy the silence,the sounds of the animals the water things like that.Theres some places that i fish alot that ive gotten to know that also fish those spots as well and i enjoy sitting down talking and fishing with them as well.

14. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm doing what i like to do when I'm fishing. Plain and simple. Outdoors.

15. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Take pictures of the tugs that go by since theres no fish to take pictures of and relax............. I'd like to have an album that i can bring with me to look at the pics to see if i've seen that tug before. If nothing else work on rigs while keeping the pup out of the skipjack cooler.:blink: We hop out of the boat each trip just to take the pup out on the sandbar for some play time.

16. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    I like to just sit and relax. Thats half the reason I go fishing, is to relax. Other than that, I like to BS with my buddies, maybe build a fire and kick back and have a cold one.

17. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I usualy take time to exfoliate my skin and spend some time moistureizeing. My feet are the worst so that is what I concentrate on! LOL!!!!!

18. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    Watch my kids fishing, teach them about fishing, think about past & future trips, mainly just enjoy the fishing & kids. If by myself, drink a few beers & make plans for next trip!

Frank:)

19. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO George, you are not right.

20. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Just relax and wonder if the rich people will ever get to live this good.