What do you like better?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Dsage, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I'm looking at getting a new lead mold and wanted to see what people had to say.

Which mold do you like better for heavy current Bank, Flat Bank or the Disc Style River Sinker.

I now have the Bank and Flat bank in smaller sizes and I have used the River style in smaller styles too. I just have not used them in heavy current, so I'm looking for likes and dislikes from you guys.

2. offshore_angler

offshore_angler New Member

State:
    SW TENNESSEE
    flat bank for sure>>>good post. you of made a poll!

3. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee

A nice oz. bank sinker.:wink:

4. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I tried the poll thing and it would not work. Plus I thought this way I would get more of a response/reason behind the one they picked. On polls a lot of time you just get people voting and then saying I voted X with no Rhythm & Reason.

5. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Why did you pick bank sinker, I'm looking for likes and dislikes.

6. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yeah I usually just make a post so I can be seen as well what I picked.:wink:

7. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    lets see i like flat bank sinkers cause where i fish two rigs use a sinker bead and hook but i also use a carolina rig aslo i 4 to 5oz i want the bait to get to the bottom as fast as it can get there yes i also have bank sinkers and egg sinkers and no rolls

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  8. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I like the flat bank the best. I use 5 or 6oz here on the bank.

9. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    I use the flat round disc type with a brass eye. I like then because I rig with a sinker slide and these allow for fast and easy weight change with no line cutting. i guess any suitable sinker with and eye would be fine with the slides but I prefer the flat style. I don't get rock snagged near as much with the flat ones, guess they aren't effectd as much by currents.

10. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I use the flat bank sinker w/sinker slide. I can change sinkers quick and they hold where I fish.

11. pennsyvinn

pennsyvinn Member

State:
    PA
    I have to agree with Larry(spider)I switched to disc sinkers with a sinker slide.They seem to pull out of snags easier than anything else.

12. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    flat bank sinker w/sinker slide

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would sugget a no roll mold in 6-8oz...Sometimes I have to use 2 8 ounce sinkers in the current I fish.

14. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i like the round river sinkers best thay work best with a sinker slide

15. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    I really like the flat banks and the no snag ones but if I'm in so much current that I can't keep a bait on the bottom very easy, I'll use something round. The flat sided sinkers can and will float off the bottom and flutter like a spoon. I don't usually catch much when I'm in that kinda current anyways but the water's pretty shallow here.

16. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    For boat fishing in current I generally prefer the regular bank sinkers, their narrower profile sheds the current better and pulls through spots that would probably snag a wide sinker such as a no roll.

For boat fishing a lake I will usually go with a pencil shaped sinker to get an even narrower profile.

For bank fishing I always preferred a no roll, as it's flat shape seemed to hold better in cross current, and the shape also seemed to provide a little lift for getting up above snags when reeling in quickly.

17. ilovesharinfoo

ilovesharinfoo New Member

State:
    PA
    I just got ahold of some flat no rolls last week and I also like how you can keep them riding higher in the water when retrieving quickly. Until now, I have been using pyramids and while they stay in place pretty well in current, I was getting hung up continuously. The only thing that I don't love about the no rolls is that the top end of them gets pretty beat up on rocks making sharp edges which can start to fray the line (I use either Berkley braid or Spiderwire Stealth). I have been using the flat disc (river) sinkers some too. They don't get hung up very easily and hold in moderate current real well. I haven't used them in really strong current yet though. The bigger sizes are pretty large physically though... the thin centers push most of the weight out to the rim making them kind of bulky. That isn't a huge deal but I think it will make them a little more prone to getting caught up in rocks. They seem to be a real nice all around sinker though... sliding, three way, in current, etc.

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would agree with Dallas on this one. The Disc sinker, also called River sinker comes in sizes up to 10 oz.I think they hold bottom well with little lift. And like already mentioned, they work well with sinker slides. However by using an electric zip tie on bank or other sinkers with large eyes you can easily use with sinker slides.