What do you have in your tackle box

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by ncfowler, Dec 28, 2006.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    I got a new tackle box this xmas, and was cleaning out my old one (i have several tackle boxes all rigged for what spicies of fish i'm going after,) This was my new catfish box, I have alot of room in this new one, So here is the question what do you have in your box besides the usual stuff, hooks, weights, floats, leaders, scale, and assorted swilvels, and neddlenose pliers, I carry a extra pair of glasses and sunglasses, waterproof matches, a cigar in a glass tube, some extra cash like a 10 spot in ones in a water proof pouch, and ice list ( in case of emergcy) by the way you should have a ice listing on your cell phone,, Note i also carrie a boat box that has stuff for my boat extra plug, ect.

2. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well my tackle boc has 10/0 Kahle hooks and No roll sinkers, and # 150 swivals. and 50 Pound leader line. Thats it.

JW has Pink circle hooks, Pink bunny rabbits, and all kind of pink stuff, dont ever let him open it in front of you. :tounge_out:

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Ya, or you might drool over it like he does, LOL!!!
    When I fish with him, he won't let me bring my tackle box.... I have to use his spare, LOL!!!
    PS you should always Capitalize BOC in a sentence, LOL!!!

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    DH, I dont know if your memory is failing you or you are just lying through your teeth buddy but you you failed to mention the keys to the fish truck.

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Man y'all are rough on ol JW. LOL. Oh, and your tackle box sounds alot like mine. The only things in my "catfish" box is assorted hooks, weights, pliers, and a knife. I usually take all my gear when I fish though so I can switch species if I need to.

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    He was asking about what was in our tackle boxes.... not what is on our key rings, LOL!!!

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    JW, he keeps them in the tackle box, I've seen them.
    I first saw them in Georgia when he opened his tacklebox to take out his hook baggy. I can easily identify it too.
    The key fob its on has a picture of his good ol buddy Bryan Shrum on it.

8. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Thanks... Now I have to go to town andddddd geeetttt a a newwwww Kkkkeyy Booooarddd, LLLol!#@!!

9. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Well my backpack is my tackle box and other than what you said not to mention, i've got a few more things. I keep kleenex, a soap bar, measuring tape, trash bags (i can't think of it right now, but i know they're good for something other than collecting trash), a radio, a crumby old watch, a disposable camera, and more. I don't know how it all fits in there but its been collecting things throughout the years, and each time I go out I know everything I need is in that backpack.

10. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    My truck stays loaded down. I need stuff for more than fishing. LOL.
    my person has hooks weights, R&R's , bait.
    O' and a snack with drink. :tounge_out:

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Hooks, weights, Leader line, Some dogfish head bottle caps, rem oil, flashlight, swivels, and beads.

12. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    I put my truck keys in my tackle box for safe keeping too. I guess i need to be clearer what stuff do you have that is not just for fishing I always keep at least 2 cigars with me at all times there are just things that end up in my tackle box that just end up there

13. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Deerhunter...I wish you had not said that. I am going fishing with JW this weekend. JW can you leave the pink stuff at home? I have plenty of tackle you can use. LOL

14. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I only got one box but it is enough for me, since I mainly fish alone at a small river. I just got the stuff using more than half of my $50 academy card. this is all of my catfishing stuff and some bass fishing stuff with it.

tacklebox1.jpg

I also got a spool of flourescent green 17lb mono.

--

15. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I opened mine this morning to straighten it out and see what I needed to replace. What I found was a couple shad halves that I had laid there and closed the box lid in the dark without noticing:crazy: ...Ladies and gentlemen...DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!...LOL:embarassed:

16. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Hmmm....I think Mr Mark needs a lesson in being graphicly deadmeat! And the guy that thanked him as well. And to think, I've been helping him out in the scifi coffee thread!

17. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    What on earth would bring you in here Bryan, LOL!!! you don't even have a tackle box, LOL!!! why would you need one, you keep the fish truck at your house, LMAO!!!!

PS Thank You for all your help on the Scifi Breakfast thing!!!!
    PS I have never been to GA to a gathering, you must have meant DH, LOL!!!

18. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Only what I know I use on a consistant basis. Ya know what ya are fishin for and how ya are gonna do it. The rest is excess bagage. LOL!

19. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    All I know is I got two of em, and whatever I need is always in the other box.
    :angry:

20. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Gosh: I hope your not going with JW in that barge of his, the river is too high for him in that pink boat of his, I will be praying for you, just remember you will never be the same if you go fishing with him, he will have you seeing Submarines and Pink Elephants, and you will be catching 6 pound fish in no time. Boy do I feel sorry for you.

Don't let him start telling you those storys he told me when I first went with him how he is a big catfish guide and all, I just found out this summer he just started fishing for catfish in the spring of 2005, and he was using a ultra light fishing pole too then.. LMAO

I give you two hours on the boat with him and you will be begging to come in off the river !! lol and your ears will be bleeding too !! :lol: :tounge_out: