What do you guys say to your catfish???

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by channelcat_tracker, May 24, 2006.

1. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    ok i like to ask these questions. do you guys like to talk to your fish that you catch? because i always kiss my catfish on the head and throw it back while talkin to it. actually i dont intend to do that but its a habit to do that. lets see what you guys do. comeon be honest. i was honest so you guys should be honest as well. have fun

2. jholman

jholman New Member

State:
    Columbus Mississippi
    I don't really say much, but I do smack my lips.

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    go tell your mother i need to talk to her

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I say back you go or mm your gonna be tastey depending on if the fish is going back in the water or if it is going in my belly.

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Tony, there are counselors for this type of behavior my friend....:eek:oooh:

Just kidding, I don't remember really saying anything to the catfish right after catching them, but while I'm reeling them in I will say come on in, or something like that....LOL And I say a few selective words after losing one...LMAO:roll_eyes:

6. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Well most of mine are little so i usually say awww hes just a little kitten lol and tell it to go tell its mother that i made fun of it.:tounge_out:

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I generally tell them, "Tell your grand dad I am lookin for him" or "Catcha later" , LOL!!

8. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I usually coach mine in like saying come on your coming in,don't let go,just keep coming and after I catch it I'll tell it to be still so I can get the hook out and let you go.If it is small I'll tell it "I want your daddy" LOL

9. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I Ask them:

1) what is your favorite food and what time do you like to eat?

2) Are you swimming here alone?

3) Can you get off a circle hook?

4) Where are the others?

5) Can you take me to them?

6) Do you think your smarter than Mellon? Why?

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    And the fish replys"Of course we are that is why he can't catch us on our own turf and he has to resort to those fish prisons where the fish are confused and have nothing better to do than entertain you silly humans" , LMAO!!!

11. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I would love to tell,BUT.I do not wish to be locked up where I cain;t fish.Cat fisherman are not considered "NORMAL" by the so called "NORMAL" population.The majority of the so called "NORMAL"people in the world,think Bass fishermen are "NORMAL".Some on here are Bass fishermen in and out of disguise,while checking up on us Cat fisherman.Caution! If you fess up to doing the perfectly normal things that Cat fishermen do,They will put you away.I can see right now that you may never have children.Girls do not like SLIMY LIPS and Cat fish breath.You may have to go to raw Garlic,Onions and Limburger Cheese to get married.You should wait until you have all the children that you want,before kissing the fish.Wives with a house full of children will put up with many things that a girlfriend will not.Things such as Catfish breath and stink bait clothes.I think that most of the Cat fishermen in the world are locked up in institutions that the "NORMAL" claim are for the insane.The main secret that we all have in common,is a sense of humor.You have to have the ability to laugh at yourself.If you don;t,you will do a lot of crying over the things that will happen to you.Many children grow up to be "NORMAL"people.The ones of us that never grow up fish for Catfish.We see,do and enjoy the simple things that children do_Our best days are spent with children and Cat fishermen.Not with "NORMAL"straight laced adults,who frown upon us.I can not think of a single weird or off beat thing that I have ever done.After all.I fish for Catfish.This means that I can kiss my fish,talk to my pole and eat my bait,along with all the other things that I do.If I could think of anything abnormal that I have ever done,I would gladly tell you.I have NEVER kissed a Bass.YUK.YUK.YUK.Have fun.peewee-williams.

12. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I dont talk to the cats that I catch, but I swore the last one I released stuck up his left fin and gave me the bird as he swam away.

13. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I usually say...

Lord we thank you for this meal we're about to partake......

14. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hmmmmmmm Hmmmmmmmmmm Good. Pass the Hush puppies. LOL.

15. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    HOLD STILL DAMNIT!:lol:

16. steve-o

steve-o New Member

State:
    ohio
    i heard somewhere that this is how mellon's sickness began

17. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Damn you! Why aren't you bigger!?!?!?

You worthless little @$^&!#@$&*%!@$#^*

18. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I dont say much to the ones I catch, but I have been known to say some pretty mean things to the ones that get away :embarassed:

" ____ of a ______ ! Did ya see the size of that _____________ ! __________ it! __________ _____________! Oh __________!"

19. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    Thank you, please come again.

20. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Can't you see I'm gettin it out. If gored...you little @#$% channel gimme my hook!!