What do you gotta have while fishing?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by elphaba7, Feb 15, 2006.

1. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    What is the one thing you HAVE to have for this fishing season? Something you can't do without, something that you believe will improve your skills/luck, something someone told you to try out, or something that will just make your trips easier.

I have to have a new tackle box, one that is big enough to hold a book my drink and snack, and my containers of both worms and cured livers, along with my ever growing collection of hooks, lines and sinkers.:p

Tackle boxes are like womens' purses...the bigger the box, the more stuff you find to put in them!

Oh, and I need a scale!

2. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    I have way too much tackle. What I desperatly need is Knowledge. The more the better. Problem is, I don't know where to buy it. I good guide is a fine source but kinda pricey. The membership here is an excellent source, but it's really time consuming to weed thru all the posts. Even the best advice might only pertain to one area. But then, it's free and you can't beat that price. What to do, what to do. :crying:

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    a Fish finder/depth finder/sonar whatever you wanna call it for my boat.

only thing is, it doesn't appear to be in the budget. How do i sneak it in?

4. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    A new scale is a must on my list. I want the one with the lip gripper built in. Also on my list are the green underwater bait lights. I want one of the new 5 gallon baitbuckets with built in airator. Kind of burnt out on the clip on ones! One other thing high on the list is a new vhf/gps for my boat. That will do it for now! List subject to updated wants!:)

5. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Dick, I say jump into chat one day! That is the best place to ask a specific question, and get an instant answer. Even if someone doesn't know the answer off hand, they might remember a post that is of the same topic.

Tony, how about layaway?

6. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    I wounld say some new rod holders!mine are junk and I gotta have a new 7000 for a new rod I'm building:cool:

7. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Allen, make sure we get some pics when you get that rod done!

Phil, I'm sure I'll think of a million other things I need to add to my list, either...as soon as I buy my tackle box, I get to move onto the next "gotta have it"!:p

8. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Thank you for making me think about it.I have been collecting my fishing gear and going fishing for over 50 years.I really cain;t think of a single thing,I need or want,right now.If I never go fishing again,I have way more than my share of everything,in every way.I was even granted 3 x-tra years to fish.Ain;t life great?One of the most important things in my life,are the people right here,on the BOC.Each and every day,they share their life with me.I find it amazing,that I cannot think of a single thing,for me.In the things that count,I am a very rich man.peewee-williams

9. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    The only thing I can think of that I really want is a Keel Shield for my boat. There's no place around here where I can launch and load without having to drag my boat up on the bank. But I just can't part with that much money for a little roll of plastic. Maybe I'll win one someday.

10. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Peewee. Your post makes me wake up and realize how lucky we all are that this morning we woke up and still have our friends and family.

I could name all kinds of things that I want or could use. The thing of it is the most important way for me, because I have everything I could need, is to spend more time on the water. It is way to easy to say if I just had this one more item it would make me a better fisherman or I could catch more fish. The one thing all o us can do is to get out more. Time spent fishing is the way to catch more and bigger fish. Time spent on the water or bank will give you the knowledge we all need to catch more fish. JMHO

11. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Dwreel. What do you want to know. It might be a good time to start a thread and ask the questions you want answers to.

I paid for a guide 5 years ago. It was expensive. It was also the best money I ever spent. I learned more in one day than I knew before that time. Of course that was the first year that I found the BOC. I could have and did learn the same thing here. The big difference was that I learned it and practiced it while I was fishing with the guide. I went back again the next year for my masters degree. I fished with a guide on the cumberland river. It was different than my local lake but most all info is transferable to the place you fish.

Contact a brother from the BOC in your area. I would imagine that most of them would be happy to take you fishing. I know I would drive 4 to 6 hrs to go fishing with someone . I am geting long. I hope this helps.

12. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I need more fishin time and more fishin knowledge. I need a big ole boat that all the folks that wants to fish with me can fit in.

13. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

Sounds like me, but to have a boat that big, I would need a dang barge!

14. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    Me,I get way too much sunburn every year.I want one of them Mark Sossin hats with the sun sheild neck protector on the back.I also want a couple of good long sleeve cotton fishing shirts.The one thing I have to get is a bimini top for the boat.I come home cooked and then spend the rest of the week complaining about it.Got the fishing gear,so now it is time for the animal comfort things.

BILL

15. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    I need the boat I ordered to come in. :)

16. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    only thing i want this year is to win a few bass tourneys.

17. rasimmons

rasimmons Guest

the only thing i want this year is to have to get my big dip net out from under the deck of the boat

18. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    The only thing I need this year is more time to actually hit the water

19. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Jen, the problem with getting a new storage system for the gear is like buying a bigger house, before long, youll have pockets or space thats empty and youll just have to go buy more stuff ( fine line here-Junk) just for the sake of filling it up. Before long, youll be back on here asking about an even bigger storage system, and then before long, you wont be able to lug it around soyou start looking for Sidekicks to carry it for you, then youll realize you need a freaking boat just to haul all your crap around in and then youll move up to a bigger boat and so on and so forth, its a never ending cycle.:rolleyes:
    Welcome to the "More is Better, Im always broke!" club!!;)

Salmonid

20. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    The only thing I need this year is to get back home to Possum Kingdom Lake in Texas!!!!! Will be there in less than a month! Can't wait much longer.:grin-big: :0a23:

Frank