What do you fish for

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by superman, Oct 11, 2006.

1. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    when you are out cattin do you target one specific kind of cat or do you just fish for any cats personally i have one hole i fish for flatties in ( using live gills or live shad ) and three or four i target big blues ( big bait big hooks heavy gear ) and a lot i fish for what ever will bite i fish the mississippi river 90% of the time so i have a ton of different holes to fish i was just curious about what you guys and gals all do

2. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Bruce, That's a good question. To be honest I guess I target small fish because that is mostly what I catch, if I catch anything.:embarassed: That's not bad though because we like to eat fish and they do eat good. Mostly I fish just for the love of fishing catching is just a fringe benefit.

st

3. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well... I fish for whatever's biting! :smile2: My husband Kevin goes for the big blues, mostly. There's one spot we go where if you cast into a certain spot you catch mostly the pinkish ones... are they called Mississippi Whites? They're almost an irridescent lavender color. I've caught a couple small flatheads, just outta dumb luck, but the big blues are the most fun, I think.

Also, while we're waiting for a bite, we like to hang out the lantern and jig for sand bass... just a little entertainment when nothing else is happening.
    When they're running, those things hit like mad and really can keep you busy!

Carolyn

4. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    i fish for what ever is biten at the time

5. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    if the cats arnt bitting i will go for bass

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I wet a hook, start a fire, check things out. What ever bites, mostly channel cats. I will sometimes use different setups/bait for bigger fish
    Caught some things that I never thought I would on my set up. Since I cant see under water and I aint got fancy stuff, I just wet a hook. Even caught limb fish. LOL:lol: :big_smile: :roll_eyes:

One thing I have never tried for bait and aint sure what it will catch, that is rocks. Where I live, aint hard to find a box of rocks.:roll_eyes:

BTW, KC had a thread on rocks for bait. So it aint just me. LMAO:tounge_out:

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i did catch a rock the other day didnt know they liked shad .

mostly i fish for cats whatever cat bites will be the one i catch if im on the water thats all that matters . il put 2 poles in deep water 2 in shallow and 2 in between and hope for the best . some times catching a channel will turn on the rest of the cats . its the fish smell i say break the ice and the rest will come .

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I like to fish for all catfish, I haven't caught a big flathead yet though. Also enjoy crappie and bream/brim.

9. BigCat72

BigCat72 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I like to go for flatties

10. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I'm usually targeting anything because where I fish there's plenty of blues and flatties. So when that clicker starts screaming, it's anybodies guess what is yanking on it. :lol:

11. boozer

boozer New Member

State:
    kansas
    flathead 4 me sometimes bass