what do you feed your bait if kept long time ??

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Montgomery, May 24, 2008.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i'm sorry for posting this in the wrong spot. wasn't sure where to put it . but i know what blue gills eat . but what do you all feed them, when keeping them for say a month. it would cost to much money to buy enough food for 40 or 50 gills. and you would have to put in some real work hunting worms. i thought about bread and corn . but bread can make your water cloudy and nasty. and wouldn't we want to feed our bait something cheap and good for them . we want them strong and healthy . not staving and weak. so does anyone have any suggestions. thank you all

2. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    If your bait tank is away from the house you can hang a couple of chicken leg quarters over the tank, in a few days you will have maggots faling into the tank. If you have a small minnow seine you can walk it thru a weed field and you will catch all kinds of bugs to dump in the tank..

3. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    hang a light bulb a foot or so over the top of your tank and there should be enough bugs fall in at night to satisfy them. be very careful though for obvious reasons. or a bug zapper if you have one.

4. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i must say that dont sound half bad. but i do keep a lid on my tank . i had 2 10 inch channel jump out the other day..