What do you do?

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by iabowhunter, Aug 25, 2008.

1. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    Since a bunch of us are meeting up in a few days for the gathering and some of us don't know others very well I thought it would be a good idea if we shared some info about ourselves. What we do, where we live and what other things we like to do besides chasing catfish.

My name is Phil, I am 38 years old and I live down in Fairfield in S.E. Iowa. I work at a factory as a journeyman tool & die maker slash production CNC progammer. I am married (17 years next march) with 2 boys ages 10 & 7. My hobbies are hunting whitetails, (archery, shotgun, muzzleloader and handgun) turkey and fishing for whatever is biting.

How about you? What do you do?

It doesn't matter if you are going to the gathering or not. Introduce yourself.

Thanks,
    Phil

2. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    My name is STEVE I work in hazmat recieving at SIEGWERK INC, I am 25 years old, am engaged and have a 3 year old daughter, I live at STEVE LAND in Des moines, Iowa. My hobbies are in no particular order, Fishing Cats, hunting deer an pheasant, martial arts/boxing, drinking beer:big_smile:, pissing my ol' lady off. I am an easy going guy but some may dissagree:smile2:.

3. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Mike Mertz 39 married 11 years 3 kids 10 Jake 8 Cody 5 Rylie i live in Des Moines
    I like to fish,camp,bowl,nascar listen to steve piss of his lady. LOL LOL LOL

4. southernfire97

southernfire97 New Member

State:
    mississippi
    I'm a firefighter in gulfport,ms. got 5 kids, and a camp in epes, al. on the tenn-tom. I try to get up there every chance I get.

5. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I am Chris, 24 years old, I negotiate debt for Wells Fargo Bank, looking at going back to school. Hobbies include working with kids (counseling), Fishing, hunting, philanthropy, and well thats really it. I eat, sleep, work, fish... daily routines...

6. Iablue

Iablue New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Herb Eutsler, retired and loving it. Been married 36 yrs and one daughter. She lives in Mankato Minn, with her family, so I go up there quite often and fish a few lakes up there. I fish for anything, but mainly cat. Deer hunt, crossbow, muzzy and shotgun. I like to squirrel hunt and call up turkey. I use to pheasant hunt but health and leg won't allow that anymore. I live in SE Iowa close to where the Cedar and Iowa meet and fish the Mississippi often. I'm always willing to learn, that is why I joined this site.

7. Cuda

Cuda Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    Hi all Michael Steger 54 married to many years kids are all gone but bring the grand kids over. I am disabled do to an accident. But I still get out boating and fishing and deer hunting and beer drinking. I also like to sharpen knives and work on guns. Oh and piss off the old lady. LoL :cool2: :wink:

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    well fellas my name is Kenny & I am a addict... I am almost 40 and right now my occupation is professional river bum & Mr. mom..& recycler....have three step kids Sherry 6,Courtney 7 and lill man Todd is 12 (lord help me he has discovered girls)plus male pitbull named Scrappey and female named Psyhcho hobbies are artwork of several kinds such as glass etching and working on the airbrush & livin on the river....Id sure like to make it there to meet you clowns I know wed have fun but we cant do it this year due to finacial reasons & vehicle maitnence ! :sad2:

9. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    my name's marcus and I moved to iowa five years ago for school from texas. i like nothing better than fishing and family - i've got a one year old and fiance. for now i work for a security monitoring center called westec interactive and am at the ymca when i'm not fishing, working or spending time with the family.

10. armydude3

armydude3 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My name is Brandon, I'm 23. I work construction with my uncle, it's a small 3 man crew and we do everything from interior work to building additions, siding, roofing etc. I am currently in the Army Reserves as a Motor Transportation Operator, (basically a glorified truck driver) We are looking at a possible deployment in May of 09 which will suck for not being able to fish for awhile. I have a daughter Emma who was born July 10th and the greatest thing ever :)... I am getting married on September 13th... other than that my life revolves around fishing. Mostly Catfish but occasionally ill get lazy and throw a bobber on and sit at a lake. sorry to ramble... good luck at the gathering and sorry I cant make it this year...

11. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Folks,J.D here.Well this Old Goat is 62 years Young and have been married all my live to 3 different women and have 4 Sons From my first Marriage(Adolf,Rudolph,GetOff and StayOff) 1 Stepson,(Shawn)and 2 stepdaughters(Kiffy and PorkButt) 1 Grandson and 3 granddaughters. I am a Manager for Wally World in Council Bluffs Iowa.I Love to Fish Catfish and shoot a Fue Tree Rats,I work 55/60 hours a week.I like to spend quality time with My Good Friends,Silver Bullit and Crown Royal at My cabin on the Missouri River by Blinco Iowa.I Am a Master Meat cutter By Trade, Build Hot Rods when I have time.I also spend time raising Money for My Favorite Charity which is (Smoke a Bowl for Jesus Foundation) Spent 4 years in the service of our country U.S.Navy Riding the Waves,some of which wern't too bad lookin but most were sorta Pudgy but after a fue Brews they All were number 10s.Graduated from High School from Father Flanagans Boys Town where there Motto was there Ain't No such thing as a Bad Boy,I Think they changed after I Graduated Though LOL :wink: Lookin forward to meating all you Fine Folks at the gathering and wetting a line and molding some sinkers.see ya all next friday. J.D.

12. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    LOL, now that was funny,,,an, I'm not even from Iowa..

13. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Shit JD im calling in sick on friday for sure now so i can get things started early..

p.s. I'll bring the WEED LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

14. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Oh what the hell did I get myself into LMAO!!!! and I thought I was going to be the "crazy" one

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Shoot fellas now I am looking fer a loner to get there dont smoke it all(LOL):smile2:

16. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :wink::eek:oooh::wink::smile2::tounge_out::eek:oooh::wink::smile2::roll_eyes::smile2:p.s. if we know anything it is how to party & fish thats IOWA !(LOL):smile2::smile2::roll_eyes:Who is buyin beer and not that funny crap either I like BUSCH(LOL) man wish we could come(LOL):big_smile:

17. Mr.Seaguar

Mr.Seaguar New Member

State:
    Sioux Center, Iowa
    I am new to this forum. I found it looking for Sonnys online because I cant find it anywhere else. I`m Jason and I live in Sioux Center. Which means I fish a long ways from some of you. Mostly in the Big Sioux right now. What do I do? I can bend steel! Alls I have to do is put the part in the machine and step on the pedal. I have a wife and 2 little girls. They love to go fishing. The kids do. I rediscovered my love of catfishing this summer.I used to live in Okaloosa and fished the Des Moines a lot mostly below Red Rock. When I moved to Sioux Center I quit catfishing and just fished walleye. I had forgotten the fun of finding a bait stick, jamming the worm down in the jar and feeling the pull of a hungry cat. I still love to fish for just about anything. Especially thru the ice.I also hunt quite a bit. I like to hunt squirrels but the squirrel hunting is kinda poor around here. I grew up in Miss and KY where the squirrel hunting is AWESOME. I remember having 6 squirrels in one mast tree, sometimes both grays and fox. Now I see 6 in a day. But I hunt waterfowl, roosters, partridge deer and turkeys. And antelopes in SD. Have a good day.

18. grahamdragon

grahamdragon New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I know we already had the gathering but I just read all of your bios and got a big kick out of J.D. and the rest of you that I didn't know very much about.

I am sorry you couldn't make it. Hope all the fam stuff is going okay.

I am thirty-two and married 11 years to Catmandingo. Altogether we have five kids. One is out and on her way so we still have four at home ages 15, 11, 10, and 8.

I have a masters in Statistics from Iowa State and I teach math and stat classes at DMACC, Grand View College, and Drake University. I love to camp, fish, and do all sorts of other stuff too!!

I have really enjoyed getting to know those of you who I already do and I look forward to meeting more of you!!

We will have to plan more than one get together next season!

19. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I'm Brian , 47yrs old . I am a corrections officer for for a large facility in Neb , and live in Tabor.