What do you do when not fishing?

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Naack, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    I was just wondering what you all do when not fishing.. hunt , get fishing gear , bait spend time with the family Pens games? haha just wondering cause i dont think im going to be able to fish for awile and i just wanted to see what you all do :smile2:

2. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    If I wasn't fishing I would be with the family or thinking about fishing. Now that I gave up hunting, It's year round fishing for me.

3. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I would have to say work and time with the family.Still like to play video games but never have enough time. Play the guitar a little pretty much just make alot of noise with that one.

4. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    when i aint fishing i just like to hunt. actually id rather hunt then fish but i need somethin to do during the summer:smile2:. i do love to fish tho

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Fore me,

If ia'm not fishing it honey do's being she still works and I'm retired I do whatever need to be done, Kids all grown and gone so I just do whats is needed to be done

6. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    If I'm not fishing then I'm thinking about fishing. There ain't nothing I'd rather do than fish.

7. WhiskerWacker

WhiskerWacker Active Member

State:
    Pa
    You said it! On the weekends I have my son who is 2 and a half and thats what we do is fish every sunday at the local pond. Work and Fish thats about it.

8. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    If I ain't fishin' then i'm sleeping, working or thinking about fishing..:smile2::big_smile:

9. dirt138

dirt138 New Member

State:
    Springdale, Pennsylvania
    When I’m not fishing and I am not working I am at the race track or the garage getting the car ready for the track. Anyone else here interested in dirt racing?

10. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    if i aint fishing im working with my pigeons or im doing honey dos so i can go fishing in the morning.

11. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    I have no kids or wife and i dont hunt so I fish year round. I am truely obsessed. I also play bass guitar. Music is oxegen with out it I would sufficate. Lately Ive been spendng alot of time at the gym. Only 1 thing interests me more than fishing woman. Ive been chaseing them lately, doin pretty good at it to :smile2:

12. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I have no wife or kids. When I'm not fishing, I'm either working or with my girlfriend who enjoys dining out, malls, and movies.

I also play my PS3 (Call of Duy 4)

13. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I work and fish until deer season.

14. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Hmmm, what do I do when I'm not fishing? My job certainly drains a ton of my time, anywhere from 40 to 70 hours a week. I would say for the year it averages out to about 50 hours a week. I have 1.1 acres of property where I live so cutting the grass, weed whacking, pruning, etc. takes up a lot of my time. My 4 daughters are involved in so many activities it makes my head spin, so I am often attending one of their functions. I try to take my wife out to dinner on occasion and spend some time with her (probably need to improve in this area :roll_eyes: :smile2:). Hobby wise I enjoy following our Pittsburgh sports team. Lets Go Pens! Here We Go Steelers! The Pirates I'm disgusted with but maybe someday they will get it together! :wink: We now have 4 vehicles at the house so there is always some maintainence that needs done, oil changes, tire rotation, etc...I'm always spending time reading about fishing, messing around with my fishing gear, spending time on the B.O.C.! :cool2: I try to get together with my close friends when possible for a few beers and bs'ing. Busy, busy, busy!

15. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    when not fishing i am thinking about fishing or buying fishing gear. i also love to hunt because i get to spend some quality time with my dad, he gave up on fishing a long time ago. i like spending time with family and friends. and i also like working out although i have taken an extended break from that here recently but i think its time to go back since my pants are fitting way too tight. i also love watching GODZILLA movies ( they are my favorite movies)

16. Fishing Addict

Fishing Addict Member

State:
    Spring Church, Pa
    When im not at work or working round the house, neverending task, Im fishing. I make it a point to fish at least twice a week if not more. The nice thing is that the entire family enjoys fishing probably not as much as me though. I fish year round following the hot bites of the year, except for bass, just never got into, bout everything else though. Steelers, hunting making tackle, and getting gear ready for the next fishing venture. If I couldnt fish I'd go insane, its my ecsape from everything. Yep obsesive, compulsive, fisherman
    its somthin I have to do.

17. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    Well now i know why ya picked Fishing Addict as a screen name :big_smile:

18. Fishing Addict

Fishing Addict Member

State:
    Spring Church, Pa
    Hi my name is Tim and Im a fishaholic.:big_smile:

19. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

Hi Tim.

My name is Tan and I'm a fishaholic too.

20. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    before my daughter (our 1st child) was born I spent alot of time hiking,shooting, fishing & hunting. Now I spend most of my time at home with the family.