What do you consider is a satisfied day of fishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by chrisblue, Jul 5, 2006.

1. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    A satisfieing day to me is at least two fish over 20lbs while fishing for blues and flatheads and while fishing for channel cats one over 10lbs.If I can do this I can go home on time but if I cant I have to stay all day.

2. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

to me its just being out and not being bothered

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    You took the words right out of my mouth.I'm happy If I'm able to get out and go.

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I agree with Jim and catfishjohn just to be out on the bank or in a boat with no worries is what does it for me.

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    If I'm out preferably one a boat and catch at least one decent fish I'm a happy camper.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I fish for one reason and thats to catch fish, if I am not catching fish I consider it a bad trip..I have many bad trips:big_smile:

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    If I catch one fish I am extremley satisfied this year. LMAO

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Tea, in about a month that is all about to change!

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I am holding you to that brother. LMAO

10. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    I consider it a good day when I don't break anything or get a sunburn. Catching fish is a bonus.

11. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hmm, Im noticing a trend here with the Ohio gang, it seems if we catch ANYTHING it has been a really successful trip and Id have to say that I totally agree with that! Must be nice to catch many fish or big fish from water where I read about every day on here. Here in Ohio, the fish are counted on 1 hand, anything more then that and you must have gotten lost and been really fishing in a surrounding state because thats where all the fish are.....:crazy:

Salmonid

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    To me, it depends on the location, year, weather, etc...

On a "perfect night" & I'm flathead fishing I want one at least 15#'s. Less than that & it would not be successfull, so I've only had 2 successfull flat trips this year.

Channels.... just several fo them. I usually say if it's under 3#'s it doesnt count, so several 3-10# channels is successfull I guess.

13. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Ditto! I'd add to that when my son Sam (6) goes too. Yeah it's a bonus to catch some fish, but each trip out has it's rewards in some way be it a nice fish, or a lesson learned.

14. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I see you have not found the secret to happiness.The secret is to enjoy the fishing,not the catching.The real secret is learning this.I think you already know this or you would not go on all those trips knowing that you don't have a chance in Hades of catching anything.peewee-williams

15. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    If I did'nt break any gear or bones, bitten or stung, lose my dad or a bunch of cattails in my socks, it was a pretty good day!:cool2:
    "Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

16. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am satisfied with a fishing trip if I don't have to worry about leaving so I can get some sleep before working the next day.

Fishing is great anytime I can do it. Catching is just plain wonderful.

17. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    A satisfying day to me is spending a day or night outdoors. Even though most trips I do If I caught something killed something or hit a good shot playing golf its just a bonus. An old man told me a long time ago the secret to enjoying life is to surround yourself with people that enjoy doing the same things you do and to do those things as often as you can while you are physically able.

18. Fisher14

Fisher14 New Member

State:
    SC
    Honestly, I use to think a fishing trip with no fish caught was a bad trip, but as I have aged, any fishing trip with my dad is a great and satisfying trip. Once you grow up, you don't see your family like you once did when you were younger. Sitting there and shootin' the breeze is what it's all about! Don't get me wrong, I want to catch fish, especially nice size ones, just like any other. But just relaxing and hangin' out is supreme!!

19. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Baitfish said it all.

20. AllenM

AllenM Guest

For me, a "good" trip to the lake means having a fishing buddy along who's company I actually enjoy, enough of a breeze to keep the bugs at bay, no encounters with dangerous wildlife, no sunburns, and catching fish (any kind) often enough to stay entertained, along with at least one or two good sized fish (1+ pound bass / 5+ pound cats). As for the river, heck... catching ANYTHING bigger than a 6" squawfih would be a first! LOL!!!