What do you catfishermen think about Offshore angler rods.

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by offshore_angler, Aug 11, 2009.

1. offshore_angler

offshore_angler New Member

State:
    SW TENNESSEE
    I've got 6 rods made by offshore angler and i love the feel of them. I think a offshore with 100lb power pro and 8/0 mustad circle is a death warrent for big cats..:wink:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  2. kottacat

kottacat New Member

State:
    New Albany indiana
    ive got 2. one is a medium heavy which i broke when casting. However-the other one ihave is a heavy 7' boat rod which i use for flatheads when im in my boat and it does just fine. ive got an old ABU 7000 on it with 80# power pro and its as tough as any of my other heavy rods. Only paid 25$ for it BassPro.

3. offshore_angler

offshore_angler New Member

State:
    SW TENNESSEE
    so far i havent broke any yet,but im very pleased with the heavy action boat rods i got..i use them for blues and flat heads..the reel i have on them the 6600 garcias with 100lb power pro.as stiff as those rods are i allways have to run my clicker..im think about running momo on those two so i can have a little strech..

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  4. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I broke one of those rods this past spring. I'll never get another.

5. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bass Pro sells a wide variety of Offshore Angler rods. I own one which is the Cape Point 12' casting rod. This model is now only offered in the spinning version. The lure rating is 6-12oz and the rod is a beast. The quality is excellent and I have had no problems with it. When I need to cast 8nbait, this rod can handle it.