What do you call your boat?

Discussion in 'Boating Stories' started by catseeman, Apr 25, 2006.

1. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Just wondering. What name you call your boat. (be nice) I named mine Furr Sail. When I bought it the carbs needed rebuilt. I didn't know this. So off to the lake i went. it ran about 200yards from ramp and quit. the wind came up and pushed me back toward the ramp.I loaded it on trailer and started to work on it. Now I never leave shore without a paddle.This has probably been ask a lot of times.

2. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    What I call my old boat (1984 Champion) is "paid for". I really like to have a new or newer one, but if I did get one I couldn't call it by the same name, so I'll just stick with this one.

The governor of the great state of Arkansas has a bass boat that he calls
    "State Business", said he named it that so if he's out fish'n and someone asks where he's at his staff just tells them that he's out on state business.

3. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

"Tugger"

After a boat owned by Russell Crow in a South Park episode.

4. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    we call our boay "white knuckles", the old guy that we bought the boat off of had a pin in and could not put the motor down all the way (they guy didnt know enough about boats to know if he took the the pin out or put it lower it would run better) but hitting waves with the motor tilted up like that made for a ride where you really had to hold on. they named it white knuckles.

we bought it and put alot of repairs on it, the first time we have it out in the ocean we didnt have a gps but we knew the compass diresction to a wreck 11 miles offshore so we go out and we see another boat going in that direction so we follow them thinking that they know where there going, well about five miles out they slow down and we use the compass to keep going and we take the lead they follow us so we keep going but we dont see any more boats. normaly theres about 30 or 40 boats at these wrecks. so we stop and find out we went about 14 miles offshore so we missed it somewhere along the line. the boat behind us stops and asks us if we know where we are going since they dont. well we decided to drop some lines and see if we get anything. after 15 mins the wind starts picking up then the waves really start moving. so we headed back in but in the 20 foot shallow v boat it was a ruff ride with cold water coming over us after every wave. it was a decently long way in because we could barly make any progress against the waves. being in a 20 foot boat going up and down 12 foot waves is not fun at all. well we were getting pretty nervous but we made it back in. so the name white knuckles kind have stuck ever since.

5. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I named my boat after my daughter (Brooke Riley).
    Since the lake Texoma gathering the brothers renamed my boat ,
    (S.S. Submarine) lol.

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I call my boat "The Dreadnaught" of course, LOL!!! But when it ain't runnin I call it "garage clutter", LMAO!!!

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    We call our's "The little engine that could"......LMAO And sometime's we call it the same thing as JW's.... "Garage Clutter"....:rolleyes:

8. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Well several years ago i was opening some stores for Albertsons grocery chain and I was working in Grand Forks N.D. and all my spare time I spent fishing the red river for catfish.there was a homemade raft tied up to the shore that some collage students had made and it looked like something huck finn would of sailed down the mississipi river on and it was named U.S.S. CARP. I thought that was perty cool so I stole the name and now that is what I put on my boat for a name. Bigcatman0816.

9. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    My boat was originally named "The Ghetto II"

Since an accident involving my brother in law, the boat/trailer, and a brick mailbox, it has become "The slightly haunted killer attack boat, aka, The Toe-inator"

For those who don't know, my brother in law had my boat in his driveway, backed up to it and was getting ready to hook it to his truck. Somehow, it turned, went past the back of his truck, dragging him along with it trying to stop it. The tongue of the trailer smacked into his bricked in mailbox which toppled over onto his right foot. They had to remove 1/4 of his big toe, and all of the toe next to his pinky toe. Hense the name "Toe-inator"

Bought it in Aug, still haven't gotten it out on a lake.

10. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i guess i have to call mine.................not used enough:rolleyes:

11. dixiedrifter

dixiedrifter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I call mine the Sea Lemon II...

The original Sea Lemon was my cousin's boat... first time they had it out she decided to not raise up the prop up enough and ended up breaking it... a $700 lesson. After that and a few other mishaps, we named it the Sea Lemon because it was a floating hunk of junk.'

And since my boat was a floating hunk of junk from the getgo the name kinda fit it.

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am about ready to call mine for sale!;)

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Flathunter - You could rename it "The Mellon Hauler", LOL!!!:haha: :big_smile_2:

14. Boogan1

Boogan1 New Member

State:
    Carrollton, MO
    My family has had a fireworks stand for the last 30 years. All my family works there every year, so it's a good time for us to all get together and visit and also make a little extra cash. I used my fireworks money last year to buy my boat. It is a 1989 Bass Tracker 1800 TF with a 110 evinrude. It is metallic red so we named it "Water Dynamite" after a popular firecracker we sell. The kids think it's cool. Boog

15. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    The name of my boat is, "MY MIND IS GONE"

16. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I still haven't named mine yet and I've had it since august, I just haven't seen a name that fits it.

17. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Mine is Cat_Hunter same as my handle, of course it's just a lawn ornament at this time. I need to put in for a lost title but just never seem to do it, cause then I am planning on selling it.

18. whitewhiskers

whitewhiskers New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    my cuddy is called "BETTER THINGS TO DO" so when someone ask me hey ya wanna go do this r that i just tellum hey i got better things to do!

19. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Ours is called Tattered Grace

Our two female Labs are named Tattles and Grace. Their names, combined with a ding here and a dent there on the boat, plus the boat always getting us to where we want on the lake and back by God's grace, it seened like a befitting name.

20. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    " Mud Shark" is the name of mine. Because I like catfishing and bowfishing.