What do yall think?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by tugrivercater, Jul 4, 2006.

1. tugrivercater

tugrivercater New Member

State:
    ky
    could this be a good fishing spot?..... i live on the ky/wv border and about 4 years ago the state pushed a section of the tug river farther over into ky for some reason or another. they bult a rock wall with bolders the size of small cars and when they left thet just took out the rocks in the center of the wall witch left about a 10 feet gap. now when you have a river that is 75 feet wide in this area channeld into a 10 or 15 foot hole its going to be moveing fast. the current on the down river side is very strong but to my understanding it had made a nice hole too. on the up river side the water is slow moveing and about 3 to 4 feet deep. ive only went fishing there once and had a large creek chub in the down river side ab out 45 feet below the rock wall. got one bite in 2 hrs but that bite broke 50lb test spiderwier after about a 20 sec run. could it have been a flat head? does this sound like a spot for flatties? im new a this and have only caught a few small channels nothing over 3 or 4 lbs.. thanks for any help.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

with the area you descibed it could be any catfish. Are there slower pools on one are both sides of the faster water? If so I would try a bait right on the edge of the fast and slow water area. This spot does sound oretty good though.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That definatly sounds like a good spot. Breaking line is a bad thing but happen but you know there are some big fish there. I have never been a fan of Spiderwire though. Good luck and report back next time out there.

4. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Thats the spot!