What do Yall think?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by MiseryMike, Jun 21, 2009.

1. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    hey was out at Bs lake friday night, ran out of doughbait and nightcrawlers so took my lil led light and net and caught some crawdad's put on my 5/0 circle and put my night bobber on never fished with them but my friend claims its the best thing i still dont belive him hes pretty good at slappin his gums about things, but i had something slam that crawdad hard im thinking it was a turtle since i could see my bobber under water and it wasnt yanking on it no more seems i got snagged up on a rock i wrenched on it a few times trying to get it undone i got back my night bobber and hook crawdad was gone he was dead btw. so what you all think turtle right? did catch one channel if u look in my photo book, got lucky on that whole deal i was pullin in my line to check it since it been out there 20 mins lil dude grabbed it on the way in. before anyone chimes in on the gloves har har har :smile2:

2. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    some of my biggest channels have come on live crawdads, aswell as a couple small flatheads. the beautiful thing about live craws, in my opinion, is that the fish biting them seem to hit them hard and fast, and they dont seem to feel the hook as much. probably due to the fact that craws have all kinds of pointy parts and the hook is assumed to be part of the craw.
    who knows, but just about anything with a mouth big enough will take a craw. from bass to gar its a pretty solid food staple in most rivers and lakes.

3. larry again

larry again Active Member

State:
    missouri
    In bass fishing days at least 4or5 times a year I would catch a big cat on a pig&jig while flippin wood or rocks. a pig&jig looks like a big crawdad,had one at thomas hill lake that was about 70 plus on a beaver pile. she broke the rod then the line.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Caught a 20# flat last july on a beaver craw gig and a swimmin chunk while bass fishin. Thought it was a bass they way it hit. It bumped the bait, i reeled down till i could feel it and missed. Threw right back in the same spot but that time didn't miss. As soon as i got the hook set i knew this was no bass.

5. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Had a buddy of mine recently at Mark Twain fishin with a rubber crawdad..Caught about a 3lb Flat, bass fishin..Never saw anything like that before..

6. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I've also caught large carp on craws...thats the thing about breaking the line or missing a hit...it can be anything or any size you want it to be!