what do yall recommend?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by nicka2231, Jun 20, 2009.

1. nicka2231

nicka2231 New Member

State:
    Texas
    what do yall think is the best rigg for catfishing?

2. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Nick Welcome to the BOC. I have tried many different rigs and have settled
    on three that work for me. A slip cork with a bobber stop for float fishing.
    For bottom fishing I use a carolina rig or a three way swivel with a bank
    sinker. I have on occasion when I'm drifting below hydro dams used light
    line and just a split shot when drifting the boils with live threadfins.

3. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

WELCOME to the BOC Nick!Like to help you out but you gotta be a little more specific.What kinds of cats you gonna try for? Do you like spinning or casting setups?Where you planning on fishing,rivers streams,lakes.Youll get plenty of help here!:wink:

4. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    I like the carolina rig or just some plain jane split shots, I use a slip bobber when cat fishing around rip rap

5. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yeah a lot goes into the decision of what rigging to use..Are the fish suspended or are they on the bottom..Are you fishing heavy current or slow current..I keep several different poles rigged up different for what circumstances are present..I use the three basics, slip bobber rig, three way rig and carolina rig..I fish mostly with the carolina rig..But in some situation a slip bober rig may work better..So it depend on _______ ,for which is the best..

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I use a three way swivel rig and a slip bobber rig, but the slip bobber rig out fishes the three way swivel rig.

7. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i use a carolina rig with a pegged cigar float about 4 inches up from the hook. this lets me fish close to the bottom without my bait getting stuck in the muck and mud. it seems to help the kitties find it better too.

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    All good info above. Nothing to add. Welcome to the BOC.

9. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Welcome to the Boc Nick.I use a drift rig with a small cigar float about 3 to 6 inches from the hook most of the time.If I fish live bait I use a big sinker on the bottom with a loop about 12 or so inches up from the sinker.Not sure of the name of the knot i use to make the loop but its a good one I got it from www.knotsbygrog.com alot of good stuff o there for making rigs and such.