what do u think the cold snap has done to the fish?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Cgoyette, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Cgoyette

Cgoyette New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I am headed to lake house tomorrow, what do you think that SNOW and cold did to teh fishing?

Got my pontoon rebuilt and ready to take her out for a trial run. New toons and wood and seats and I have the cadilac of capts chairs just hope the fish bite!

Curt

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Snow ? Ah, we missed it here. Dunno what there gonna do but g'luck, lets us know how it goes.

-Jim-

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I haven't caught a single fish since it snowed. :embarassed:

Might help if I went out on the water, though. Wait till Sat'day. :smile2:

4. gryan0607

gryan0607 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Curt,thanks for crappie fishing tips,hope you tear them up.

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Our water surface temperatures are around 41-44 degrees right now in the piedmont. Shad can not survive in those water temperatures very long. That means the bait will be deep, and I am betting the cats will be deep also. Tomorrow I will be out on the water, so we will see if that holds true.

Tomorrow I will be keeping my eyes open for any signs of a shad kill. This will be evident a bit after sunrise when the birds take to flying. If there are dead or flopping shad then that area will get the anchors.

My last trip out for catfish was two weeks ago and the water temp then was 49-50. Things have changed a lot since them. Since then I have been striper fishing, but now it is time to seek out the big cats. With a little luck maybe I can find some tomorrow.

6. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Seems be some shad die off and bait and fish have moved to deep water at least the last couple days. Good luck