?what do u think is best lake in alabama to fish in

Discussion in 'ALABAMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by melstangman1967, Mar 27, 2008.

1. melstangman1967

melstangman1967 New Member

State:
    missouri
    was wondering what everybody thought the best lake in alabama to catch fish and had the best luckin?

2. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    If I had to pick one it would be Guntersville Lake. Big Cats, lake access, campgrounds, etc.

3. AlaCatter

AlaCatter New Member

State:
    alabama
    I would have to break it down into a couple of different categories. For Blues, Wheeler Lake is tops. Wheeler Wilson and Guntersville are all great because of fish size and ease of bait acquisition(skippies). But if your after Flatheads, the Coosa chain of Lakes are unbeatable, Logan, Neely & Weiss. If its channels your after, the Chattahoochee has them in abundance and size, Lake Oliver to Eufalla. yep, thats the one I would choose

4. 10IbsBass

10IbsBass New Member

State:
    AL
    Guntersville is one of the best lakes in the south. Its got great cover for the fish, its real deep in places, and just grows big fish of any kind.:smile2:

5. WMGEORGE131

WMGEORGE131 New Member

State:
    OHIO, NOW LIVING IN ALABA
    TRY LAY DAM, MITCHELL DAM, JORDAN DAM , AND BOULDIN DAM THESE AREAS HAVE GOOD FISHING (BIG BLUES,FLATHEADS,CHANNEL,STRIPER,SPOTTED BASS AND CRAPPIE) FROM EITHER THE SHORE OR IN A BOAT USING LIVE OR CUT BAIT AND ARTIFICIALS. PLUS THE SHAD AND SKIPJACK ARE IN ABUNDANCE!!!

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT WMG131@YAHOO.COM

6. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    I agree with greg.... but he forgot about pickwick for channels....

7. CATFISHERMAN001

CATFISHERMAN001 New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    Greg said it best. However I know that there has been recently a 100lb+ blue caught on Logan Martin and I have personally have caught them 50lbs on that chain.

8. RedXpress

RedXpress New Member

State:
    Birmingham, Alabama
    That seems like an awfuly big fish to come out of Logan Martin, especially being a blue. I'd like to see pictures of that thing.

9. AlaCatter

AlaCatter New Member

State:
    alabama
    Just to let you know, There was a picture of a 71 lber in the Gadsden Times, a local newspaper, a few days ago.It was caught by some kid fishing under a bridge. A 100lb blue would definitely be extraordinary for the Coosa, but considering the abundance of food and the relatively light fishing pressure on the larger fish, it is very well within reason that not only are there 100lber's in the Coosa from Montgomery to Centre, I would venture to say that there is at least 1 or 2 world records in it. Just My Humble Opinion