what do i need,to put 7' vinal boat in water ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishfearme, Jul 25, 2009.

1. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    i got a raft7' do i need to get anything to drif it down small rivers,and small lakes? iv never had a boat so im lost, :confused2: all i know is, im going to do the tom sawyer Huck finn thing :smile2: get away from people and find new holes, my wife thinks im thinking im a teenager again, ( hell yea!!for a few hours at lest )thanks for the help in advance:cool2:

2. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    im not sure but a neighbor kid has a yellow inflatable boat and he had to get tags for it, they were only $12.50 i think for the year but would be more if he puts a motor on it, including a trolling motor he was told, hope this helps you

3. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    oh trust me im not going to be far from shore, im not going to hit the main parts of big lakes or rivers

4. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    i sure will post my trip on here some where, im HOPING to go Tuesday morning,it seem like when i have the time to go, it rains:angry:. im going to take my video camera to help me remember spots, and to watch this winte, hell i mite not want to come back:wink: ,

5. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    Three Years into my second childhood. (Retired) SS __________________
    "IS IT AUGUST YET?" SS Hackworth:big_smile: i like to think i never grew up :smile2::smile2::wink:

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Good luck Rich hope you have alot of fun.

7. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    im sure it will be a lot of fun, fishing plus getting to new places no one around to bug me:wink: hell yea !!!!!

8. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    main thing i would think would be life insurance..

9. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    im not going in big water,just down a lazy river, and lil lakes

10. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    maybe something to put a catfish in so he doesn't put a hole in the side with a fin :roll_eyes:

good luck man.i been thinking about getting a kayak,well,for excercise sake anyway,lol

11. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    i was thinking about when i see a spot, try and get out up stream from it, if not, when i do get a hold of something ill get it 10 feet from the raft and let him wear him self out,then net him or get my lip gripers on him then ill lay him in my lap, yes i know, WAKE UP ALICE, YOUR IN WONDER LAND!!! RIGHT:wink::smile2::smile2:

12. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Lots of luck.....

13. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    well , i talked to A ranger, and i asked him about my wal-mart raft:eek:oooh:,he told me ANYTHING that flotes in water, in the state of Ohio needs to be registered.the cost is 19:00, and i can do it on the puter, but if i do it mite take up to 2 weeks to get my # in the mail,:angry: thanks to all that posted:big_smile:

14. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    If I wanted to put a 7' vinyl on the water, I would put it inside of a 20' fiberglass.:smile2:

15. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    swimming lessons? :wink:

16. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Just got a 6 footer that was made from Marlboro. Gonna try it out on the hocking river an do some checking on log jams an deep holes.

17. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    enjoy ur time out there glenn,iv been told we need to register these things to be able to put them in water, i havent had the time to do that yet, good luck buddy:wink: