What Do I Look Like, how do I get pics on my computer?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Big Nick, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Okay, I've been a member here for sometime and was a member on the old site for even longer. I guess its time to show my ugly mug.

Here is the problem. I am a computer idiot. Its amazing to me that I can even post threads here. I'm one of those guys that gets his secretary to do all the computer stuff for me. Soooo, any help would be appreciated. I have a digital camera that I can take a picture with, but i need step by step instructions in order to get this done. When I say step by step I mean step by step. Down to the double click or single click, and when and where to plug in my camera.

Any help would be appreciated

2. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Nick I'm here for you like always

Nick you camera probally came with a cord plug that into your computer, should be a space for it in the front.(if it's XP). Once it's in turn on the camera. Then something like (look at clipboard1) click on the first option. Then it will say reading picture then you will get this one thing just hit next. OK next will come (look at clipboard2) Just click and unclick the ones you want. Then something like this should come up (look at cliboard3) choose your destination and name real easy. Then hit next then it will copy the picture to your hard drive. Then click finish! find that picture email it to me and i will fix it

Nick I hope this helps if it doesn't post here. Also Nick there a couple different way to do it so if that don't work post and I can walk you through the other I just think that would be the easiest for the begginer.

Attached Files:

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i've seen some of those guys, jim :eek:

i am not sure we want to see :sad:

j/k, nick - post it buddy :D

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Let your secretary show you how or send it to Josh and he can do it. LOL
    First get her to show you how to load pic's from camera to puter. Then resize it to no bigger than 150 x 150 pixels. I think mine is about 140 x 110. Next go to your user cp, top left side of any BOC page, open it up, scroll down a little, left side of screen click on, Edit Avatar. You can add pic there. Find it on your puter and click add.

Its not too hard. Many people have problems finding their files, pic's on puter. Think of it like an address. when each file or pic is open there is an address at the top that shows the trail to the file/pic. . C:/windows/desktop/pic.1, are what ever you name it and place the file at. I use win98se. XP is a different look with some extra bells and whistles, but it all works the same. I wish I had XP in a way. One day maybe. LOL.
    Right now that is the best I can do on explaining it. I think I got it right. Anyway Josh will help ya out.

For what ever windows one is running on their puter I suggest buying one of those dummy books to read. Thats if one has trouble moving around puters. I have used them, cause I'm a dummy, LOL, and have given em to people in the past. They are simple and easy to understand if you read it from the beginning to end. Show how to find and use stuff on a pc plus how to restore a few fixes etc. At least the one I have looked at does. Just a thought.

Phil them boys grow big and tough in Texas. Have to so we can deal with those rattle snakes and texas ticks ya'll call turtles. LOL.

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Big Nick, your an Insurance Agent. I would of thought an Ins. Co would give puter training to employee's. maybe just adjusters get that, I dont know.

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    You never know Dano. I've had the same agent for 14 years and am yet to meet or see the guy. No need really. Walk into his office and Imediately his office workers say hello and call me by my name. That goes a looong way as far as I'm concerned. Personnaly, I think his workers could quit and form their own agency and all the clients would follow them. Can't see what they need him for.

7. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Click here for a tutorial by me. This is pretty simple and good for begginers..