What do I catch walleye on?

Discussion in 'Walleye Fishing' started by TX Fisherman, Aug 18, 2007.

1. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    goin to a lake that has walleye for the first time, whats a good thing to catch em on?

2. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    stucture of the lake is more important than bait. They will hit almost anykind of bait. But you have to be where they are!!

3. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Most fishermen around here catch them off of bluffs fishing for bass. Most frequently I hear of just rubber worms with a texas rig working brush piles. These could just be flukes or they could be onto something. I don't really know, so I'd probably read up on what they like the most in a fishin' magazine. Good luck to ya, Tex.

-Red

4. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    If you are talking about bait try leeches or small minnows.:0a26::0a23:

5. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Phillycatcher has it exactly right..leeches and minnows from the bank, if trolling, leeches or minnows behind an Indiana spinner rig...

6. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Find the closest bait shop to the lake and ask them what and where their hitting on, here it usually, nightcrawler or hot-n- tot type lure., shadrap #5 gunmetal may be different at different lakes.
    JIM

7. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    An Eire Deerie (bait kinda looks like a spinner bait with out a skirt) I think that's how you spell it. With a bass minnow trolling or slow rolling it. I use to catch them with a jig head with a grub trailer on a crappie minnow Fishing it like a finesse worm

8. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    getcha a worm cradle and put a worm on the top hook and a leech on the bottom one

9. MinnesotaFishing

MinnesotaFishing New Member

State:
    minnesota
    Has anyone Tried using a small or baby bullhead to troll with and catch walleyes?