What did Santa bring ya???

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Yakdawg, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Yakdawg

Yakdawg New Member

State:
    Cumming, GA
    Merry Christmas everyone!

Hope Santa was good to you and left some nice fishing gear under the tree!

I ended up with a little cash, that is allready going to good use, bought two abu 6500 C3's. Still looking at what rods to mate them too, but they should make a nice pair of reels to stop some of the big fish that I am going to catch in 09!

2. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    I pretty much bought all my own gear so far with xmas money, picked up a cast net, bill dance quantum catfish setup (river version) which is okay, price was cheap for a big water setup. Also a berkeley big game trigger rod, mudville cat rod, and a bass pro 6500 knock off. 20lbs of lead from A to Z tackle, some hooks swiveles and 600yds of yo-zuri 40# floroucarbon line. In the stockin were accessories like reel covers, rod wraps and spooler/stripper. The wife was good to me and I am definately ready to use my new toys, and hope the weather continues to stay warm. next stop morgan falls dam on the hooch.

3. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Hey Yak, you gunna bring that thing you call a boat down here to the gathering?

I know you want me to tow you up the river. :big_smile::tounge_out::smile2:

4. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    10 packs of 10/0 Eagle Claw hooks and a 1,400 yd. spool Ande monofilament!

5. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    You're good to go Stumpbumper! :big_smile:

6. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    marc, do you use the eagle claw circle sea or the billfish circle hooks?

7. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Bradley, the lazer sharp circle sea's are what I use. Bronze.

8. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    yeah me too. I have them in 6/0, 7/0 and 9/0, but they didnt have any 10/0 at bass pro.

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    The 2 things Ive been wanting for the boat..............Thermals and better insulated large capacity coffee mugs I just cant get down on the water without lots of bean:big_smile:

10. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    You guys are too lucky !!! I got shoes, jeans, a couple of shirts...My 18 yr. old gave me my only toy, a toaster oven for the camper at the hunt club... But I gotta say the bisquits at camp this weekend were some of the finest I ever ate !!!! So when any of the family asked before the big day, all I wanted was BPS gift cards, I need some decent binocs for hunting (old age is setting in) and the kids (18, 22, and 32) have borrowed all 3 pair of my cheap ones that I've had for so many years....Oh, the daughter (who borrowed the ones my German uncle sent years ago ) did give me a $25 card, the pair she borrowed was purchased in Moscow just after the wall came down...