Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hanging around here for a while and starting to learn about serious catfishing, I have started to buy the equipment I'll need to pursue some big cats.

I have been buying some hooks. These have been Gamakatsu hooks in different sizes and colors, but in the same general configuration.

I thought these were "circle hooks," but now I'm not so sure.

Please help me figure out what I've been buying. Also, please tell me if these hooks are suitable for catching big cats.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,487 Posts
Bob, you are right; they are not circle hooks but they are absolutely suitable for catching catfish. A 7/0 will hold a fairly big bait so if you are wanting to use a smaller bait don't be scared about going smaller with the hook...W

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
After hanging around here for a while and starting to learn about serious catfishing, I have started to buy the equipment I'll need to pursue some big cats.

I have been buying some hooks. These have been Gamakatsu hooks in different sizes and colors, but in the same general configuration.

I thought these were "circle hooks," but now I'm not so sure.

Please help me figure out what I've been buying. Also, please tell me if these hooks are suitable for catching big cats.

Thanks for your help.
Those are the same hooks I tend to use...( a size or two smaller for channels and general fishing) They will work for you...I refer to them as Octopus Non-Circle...Good luck i prefer them myself over circles.. but that is just me...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.