What Depth?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by baptistpreach, Sep 14, 2009.

1. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    What depth should I be fishing at night for cats? My local lake is about 26ft deep and its got mostly channels and blues. I know there are some flats in it, but I don't hear much about them. I went out and fished by the dam which is about 8-10 feet of water. We got small hits and one small channel, and the keeper channel came casting out from the dam in presumably deeper water. I'm a little at a loss. We fished from 10pm-3am

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I would fish at all depths until I found them. If it is no deeper then 26' they will be at all depths probably. At night I would start shallow and work out in depth. Just reverse it during the day. If it is mostly blues and channels I would use dip bait. JMHO

3. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    what lake are you fishing?

4. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    Crowder Lake - outside Weatherford

5. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    does'nt crowder lake have alot reeds around it if so i would fish next to them as long as the water is 2 to 5' deep.they will come up into the reeds at night to feed,i would use chicken livers,good luck

6. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Crowder is a sleeper lake. I would fish the reeds by the boat ramp. I would also fish the point as you walk to the dam. If you go north from the ram along the water way to the cover around corner from the walking track their are a lot of snags and stumps. This area used to be two small ponds so their are a few humps and valleys in that area. I used to kill channels on stink bait there. If you have access to a boat their are a lot more areas in that lake that would be decent. PM me and I will let you know.

On the depth I would fish a float in about 8-10ft of water

Just a side note - I helped build the ropes tower many years ago and walked the waling track many times planning out the path.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  7. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    You have an IM!

8. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I replied and could not attach this so I hope it helps.

Attached Files: