What deep v for 19k

Discussion in 'Boating' started by micah5634, Feb 21, 2007.

1. micah5634

micah5634 New Member

State:
    mo
    Ok me and the wife deceided to get a deep v boat for the ease of fishing out of the rear of the boat.I have up to 19k to spend but it seams like all the deep v have carpet in them except a lund 1800 alaskan Its lond enough but would like to have something wider and its right at 19k does anyone know of any others around that price range that i could get without carpet or is getting one with carpet that big of a deal.Going to order by this weekend.

2. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    A lot of the boats out there offer removable / snap out carpet. Don't give up on a brand just because you see carpet, dig a little deeper and I'l bet you find it is an option and/or it's removable. Lunds are really nice but pricey.

3. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Lund and Alumacraft both list vinyl flooring as an option on most models.

I'd be interested in knowing what 19k ends up getting you in the deep vee market. Been doing some looking, myself.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I have the Lund SS Classic with the vinyl floor. Like it so far and it doesn't get that hot in the summer.

5. FishinginDavenport

FishinginDavenport New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Last fall on year end closeout I bought a Alumacraft Navigator 165 dual console. It has a 90 hp Yamaha, Minkota 24v trolling motor with built in transducer. Also was equipped with onboard battery charger for trolling batteries, 3 batteries and Lowrance X-67c. Equipped with trailer it was $18,300. The banks will give better terms on a new boat as opposed to a used one.

6. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I've been looking at a Lund 1775 Classic SS. May be 1-2 grand more depending on H.P. needs. Another one you might want to look at is a Starcraft (Starfish).

7. Willy

Willy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Here is the deal. I recently joined Smithville Marines Pro Staff and one of the deals is I have to help with Boat Shows and such. Now I do not recieve any money from being on the Pro Staff but I get to learn about all the new and improved boats and motors out on the market. Smithville Marine is having a Open House that ends this weekend and they have a bunch of new and used boats including Deep V Lunds and there are special packages being offered.The dealership is located in Smithville, Missouri and ya might give them a call to see what is on the lot.I know that a Lund can be ordered without carpet and there are several models that work well for catfishing.I still have not decided what one I want yet but I know its gonna be a Lund as they have the best features that I want for the money.Their livewell system is awsome as it will hold 150lbs of fish and keep them alive all night in the summer. It gets kinda cramped but the livewell replaces the water really well to keep them alive.

8. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    you can also check into Polar Kraft they have the Kodiak, Outlander and the Fisherman in Deep V. They come with carpet but you can get them with the vinyl floor as well for like 200 or 300 more. The I we had at the show was nice just the live well wasn't that big only 18 gal. They was around 16,000 if I remember right.

9. micah5634

micah5634 New Member

State:
    mo
    Well i ordered a new for o7 lowe an165 with a 70hp suzuki 4 stroke it does not have carpet or vinyl it's rhino lined like a truck bed is. I went to the lowe factory yesterday to see a finished one and it is different then whats on their website in the pic on the web it shows the fuel battery box in the back of the boat that box has been deleted they moved the fuel tank to in the floor towards the front and made a hidden battery compartment its 16.5 ft long with a 70in bottom and all open floor plan in the rear of the boat. I compared this boat to a 1860 side console while i was there and this 16.5 deep v has more floor space iam getting one heck of a deal 12k for boat motor trailer fish finder with a optima battery> i figured i would use it for a year making notes on what i like and don't like and then trade if i need to we are going to fish the lake some and the mo river some after i fish both places some i'll know more of where i like to fish and what kind of boat i need thanks to all for the advice.
    http://www.lowe.com/fishboats/angler/AN165Stdc.html

10. micah5634

micah5634 New Member

State:
    mo
    Got conformation that my boat will be completed on march 12th can't wait to try it out.

11. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sounds like you got a good deal. Congrats on the new boat. Have fun and get slime and mud all over it.:big_smile:
    Have a Great weekend.

12. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Micah, back when I fished alot I had as many as 4 boats at one time.
    One for each hole of water I fished.
    I used to always keep a boat ready to go to Mattamuskeet. The only place that boat was ever used. The plan was to fish it for 3 days in the spring and 3 in the fall. With work and other commitments it sometimes wound up once a year.
    I was eat up.:lol:

Just a thought. keep that one and buy another one :smile2: