What critters you chasing this year?

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by backwoodsman68geric, Sep 20, 2009.

1. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    Whats everyone's plans/target critters for trapping season? With the dismal fur prices we're scaling back alot this year. We dont trap for the money but its nice to at least pay for the gas. If the current price's hold we're mainly going after muskrats. We'll chase yotes too just to try and thin'em some. Probably a few ADC beaver, coons and skunks too. We've been trying to put together a 70 mile loop 'rat line. We've got some municipal water and commercial property to trap too. If we can average $2.50ea it'll pay for the gas. Im thinking rat prices may increase a little since Im sure it'll be a short catch. We'll probably take our limit of 3 badgers too.

2. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ill be trapping for mink,rat, coon,fox and yotes and some beaver when the season opens. I'm not going to trap as hard for the K-9's this year but still have to help the farms out that let me trap.

3. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I will be trapping everything this year just as hard as if the fur was worth it. When you get to be my age, with physical problems like I have, you never know how many seasons you have left ... So I will go for it all again this year.

Garry-