What combo do you recomend ?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by truckin4x4, Aug 1, 2006.

1. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    sence i loct my zebco 606 combo over the weekend i'm in the market to replace it. so what do you recomend?

2. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I would look at an ugly stick combo , there are 2 different models ,spinning and spincast , about $40 or so .
    Brian

3. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Might look at the bill dance catfish combos at Bass Pro also , got a spinning set up for my son ,for $ 40 or so ,it seemed pretty good .
    Brian

4. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Sorry ...that was an ugly cat combo also at bass pro .
    Brian

5. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    thanks brian i'm just shopping around. well thats what my wife thinks.:big_smile:

6. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Check out the ugly stick spinning combo. It's not a bad deal.

7. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    where can i find this ugly stick combo? and what size real comes on it

8. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I know that Bass Pro has them .
    Brian

9. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I got mine from bass pro. It's a 7' two piece MH rod with a 50 sized spinning reel. I've caught cats up to 8lbs with ease and it could handle more than that.

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Walmart has some nice combo's Rob. Just hollar, I can take ya shopping and you can buy something for both of us. LMAO

11. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    hey if you have a dicks near you they have the Shakespeare Ugly Stik Lite Graphite Baitcasting Rod glystick for about 27.00 then what ever real they have them makred for that here but the online price is diffrent

12. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Make yourself happy.You are the one that is going to have to use it.We are all different.That is why they sell so many.The perfect combo for you is what you like and want.What we like and want may not make you happy.I want you to be happy with what you have.That is what I like and what makes me happy.It does spoil it for me to see someone trying to use a rig that they don;t like.It is like buying a gun.If it don;t fit you or feel right to you.You are going to be miserable with it.It should feel good when you have it in your hands.peewee-williams

13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Well said Peewee couldnt agree more.

14. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Ugly Cat combo would definitely be good, I have a baitcaster Ugly Cat rod, it's my favorite rod of all.

15. You cant go wrong with any ugly stick combo from Walmart. I got one a month ago with come Cajun red line on it. The rod is a single piece, and is a 7 footer Medium Heavy action with a Shakespear 50 spincast reel on it. A real nice solid setup for 40 bucks.

16. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    thanks guys for all the info. i think that i am going to give tea a call and well go shopping. well just for 2 old friends to get togeather like old times. what do you thinkm tea. maybe we can get a drink or something to. i'll let you know when.

17. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Just let me know man, we can definatly grab a cold one. Don't get many on the diet, LMAO. Bacardi and Diet Coke calling my name. hehehe