What Color Of Line?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by KingCatBrad, Apr 18, 2007.

1. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    I Use Power Pro Braid And The Only Color We Have At Our Wally World Is Moss Green. I Was Going To Buy A 300yd Spool From Bass Pro But Was Wondering If The Color Of The Line Mattered At All? If It Does Then What Color Would Be The Best And Why? Power Pro Comes In Hi-Vis Yellow, Moss Green And Red. Thank You For Your Replies Ahead Of Time.......

2. mudkat

mudkat New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i myself use that... braid mossy green yup thats my favorite

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Color of line does not matter one bit. Unless you like to look at pretty line all night. How ever the brighter lines are easier to see at night.

4. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I never worry about color except on my boat rods where I use flourescent line because I use blacklights. Except for red, I just can't get used to seeing red line, that ain't right. :lol:

5. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Yeah, I don't personally think color has anything to do with it either. Unless your using flourescent lighting at night.

6. DM1975

DM1975 New Member

State:
    Manhattan, Kansas
    I only use Berkley Big Game, the dark green stuff. I dont know how important line color is.... cant be too important. I seen guys catch fish on bright yellow line before with no problem. I just happen to like the Big Game line and that is the color it comes in.

7. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I use both the Power Pro moss green and the yellow. Cats dont care about the color of your line unless perhaps you are fishing in ultra clear water.

8. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Whatever you prefer, myself personally, I'd go with the hi-visible yellow so I could see it better at night.

9. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Personally I loke the brighter lines it is easier to see at night with a Blacklight. The Big cat Trilene is very easy to see. Take care and God Bless.

10. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
  11. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I use red line, but I don't think the catfish seem to mind what color the line is at all.

12. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    I dont think its an issue with cats . I have a reel with tangerine colored suffix and i dont beleive that the cats care at all . But i beleive that red is a color that is supposed to diappear fastest in the water column if i am not mistaken i think thats the belief behind cajun red .

13. Game_Of_Inches

Game_Of_Inches New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I guess I'm going to agree with the majority and say that catfish don't pay any attention to line color or diameter for that matter. I will say that I am primary fishing stained river conditions so its not clear water by any means, but in heavy cover I often use trot line for my leader. A few guys that I've fished in tournies with spool old penn's entirely in trot line rope. Never had a problem catching fish on it so I doubt that they'll pay attention to line color.

14. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    For some reason I have noticed that the colored versions of Big Game seem to have more memory and stiffness than the low vis green. I don't know why. The first time I bought a spool of Hi-Vis I thought this might be from being old line or sitting on the shelf for too long. I have bought a couple spools since then at different stores and still like my lo-vis green the best, It's all I use now. Anybody else notice this or am I just crazy?

15. katfishbangin

katfishbangin New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I like the green line, It is better on the eyes, mines at least. Dont have to strain lookin to see the line. I like the green mossy line.

16. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    I love the cajun red myself and dont look to see the line. If the fish is what i'm looking for for will load it up and sound off the clicker

17. rocket256

rocket256 Well-Known Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Name:
    McGill
    I use Power Pro myself in the HI VIS Yellow cause; I want to see if the fish is making a run or not.

18. JamisonM

JamisonM New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I use dark green mono and power pro most of the time as my main line. I use cajian red, clear mono and fluorocarbon for my leader also. I've also used the yellow power pro, but couldn't see it all that good. It just depends on what's cheaper at the time of purchase and that I don't think catfish are line shy.

19. Kinch's_cats

Kinch's_cats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I like to use Berkly Big Game and I go for the blue line. From the looks of things I'm the only one. I have had a lot of success with it and the clear line. I never got into the bright green or yellow for some reason. I was reading another post by game of inches and I too use trot line as a leader sometimes. It works great with a barrel swivel or a three way.

20. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    CAJUN red is the first choice, 2nd would be berkly big game green