What choke tube should i get

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Catmeister, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Catmeister

Catmeister New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey everybody, I am new to the site and was just wondering what you all shoot for turkey chokes. I am thinking about trying turkey hunting this year and was wondering what a good choke to try is. Thanks.

2. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    First off welcome to the BOC! :)
    For turkey you will want a Xfull-XX

3. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    First off welcome to the BOC! :)
    For turkey you will want atleast an Xfull choke....a good cheap choke tube that i like to use is made by hunters speciality its called "the under taker"...the choke is only about 1/2 the battle tho,after you get a choke youll want to try several brands and shot sizes of shells to see which one shoots the best out of your combo. my gun shoots best with 3 1/2" winchester XX copper plated #5 shot.and im sure you know this already but if your gun is only rated for 2 3/4"-3" shells dont try to shove a 3 1/2" shell in it lol}...good luck and im sure lots more of the brothers here can give ya alot of great information.

4. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    John welcome to the Brotherhood.

My hunting buddy bought a Pattern Master choke tube and it is awesome. It works good with just about everything he shot through it. Here is a link to their website. Hope this helps.

ST

http://www.patternmasterstore.com/about.htm