What choice

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by Flamekeeper, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    My brother and I will be getting our CCDW License's soon.

And I am wanting to buy a new 9-10mm semi, I'm looking for advise on which type would be a better buy , I'm looking for comfortable and accurate pistol when shooting. something that is easy to conceal and quick to draw..

Any Suggestions will be looked into. Thanks Kenny.

2. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale

3. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Kenny I have a foundness for the 1911, 45ACP, but that is I think mostly as that was the issue sidearm when I was in the service, and also the one I've spent more time with. (Guess I'm dating myself here, LOL.) And also could choose a P35 Browning Hi-power. I did a couple times, and wore them in a tanker rig, but the 9mm hardball just didn't cut it, so went back to the 1911. It still performs well with hardball.
    With the advance in ammunition that we have now, that may be a moot point. Good stopping power with either. And I always shot the Hi-power better. I think it was just lower recoil, and also a more accurate gun.
    For concealed carry, the duty size pistols are just too darn heavy, and will pull yer britches down.
    The two pistols I carry most often are a Kimber pro-carry, which is a commander size 1911 with an aluminum frame, and in town, a Glock model 19 which is a 9mm; and both are easy to conceal and neither is too heavy. I actually can forget I'm wearing the Glock.
    You got choices out the wazoo now. But the advice I'd most offer is to spend a lot of time picking the method of carry, and getting a good rig to do so. Ya can't just stuff em down yer pants and hope for the best. I think it's important also to choose a method that will allow you to reach the firearm with either hand, as you might be hit first....so then what?
    Trust in God, and carry enough pistol.
    :wink:

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    well normally you can hold more rounds in 9mm but the 10mm is one hot round and dosent get the credit it deserves.I also like the springfield xd or glock.I carry my glock in .40cal most of the time but i also carry a small springfield 1911 in .45acp its the v-10 series with the ported barrel. Really its what fits your hand and where your going to be carrying it,on the hip,inside the wast band ,shoulder holster?So you kind of want to match the gun with the style your carrying it.some work better then others in different carrying situations.Hope i didnt confuse you more.Let us know what you come up with.

5. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    I cannot get a concealed carry permit in MD, so i dont carry mine, but i love my Glock (.40cal, model 23). Accurate, very reliable, and an all around nice gun.

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Kenny,
    You ask for advise to buy a 9 MM and for a better buy. If you mean the best gun and not speaking of dollars go with Glock.

This Glock 26 9 MM is my carry weapon. I've had it for 11 years, never a problem.

7. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    A glock is pretty sweet in 9mm . You will have to try a few where you are going to holster it and see what feels best to you . A bigger gun with a full clip can get some weight to it .

8. NJ CLAD

NJ CLAD New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I have an XD9 subcompact. I added tritium sights and a Crimson Trace grip. Great pistol and very sweet setup. I bought each of my teenage girls one.

9. jrack1

jrack1 New Member

State:
    mo.
    i carry this little monster and love it.

Glock 23 .40 Cal Pistol for Sale

[​IMG]
    Glock 23 40SW COMPACT FS (fixed sights) 13RD
    10 round magazines will be shipped in place of 13 round in restricted states.
    OUT OF STOCK
    Sale Price: $497.99
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Glock 23 40SW compact GNS (Glock Night Sights) 13 round magazine
    OUT OF STOCK
    Sale Price: $543.99
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Compact size yet full power, the Glock 23 .40 cal pistol is a seamless blend of form and function. With a reduced weight, this Glock .40 cal still manages to contain a large magazine capacity and all the ease of shooting a full size .40 cal. The Glock 23 .40 cal also features:
    • Glock “Safe Action” Trigger System
    • Overall Length: 174mm/6.85”
    • Overall Height: 127mm/5”
    • Width: 30mm/1.18”
    • Line of Sight: 153mm/6.02”
    • Barrel Length: 102mm/4.02”
    • Weight Unloaded/Loaded: 600g, 21.16oz/880g, 31.03oz
    • Magazine Capacity Standard/Optional: 13/15, 17
    • Trigger Pull: 2.5kg/5.5lbs
    Versatile yet reliable and high performance, the Glock 23 .40 is the choice of U.S. law enforcement agencies nationwide and is also the official service pistol of the F.B.I. Whether you’re looking for open carry, concealed carry, or simply home defense, the multi purpose Glock 23 .40 cal has the quality you need at the low price you deserve.

10. jrack1

jrack1 New Member

State:
    mo.
    i carry this little monster and love it.

Glock 23 .40 Cal Pistol for Sale

[​IMG]
    Glock 23 40SW COMPACT FS (fixed sights) 13RD
    OUT OF STOCK
    Sale Price: $497.99
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Glock 23 40SW compact GNS (Glock Night Sights) 13 round magazine
    OUT OF STOCK
    Sale Price: $543.99
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Compact size yet full power, the Glock 23 .40 cal pistol is a seamless blend of form and function. With a reduced weight, this Glock .40 cal still manages to contain a large magazine capacity and all the ease of shooting a full size .40 cal. The Glock 23 .40 cal also features:
    • Glock “Safe Action” Trigger System
    • Overall Length: 174mm/6.85”
    • Overall Height: 127mm/5”
    • Width: 30mm/1.18”
    • Line of Sight: 153mm/6.02”
    • Barrel Length: 102mm/4.02”
    • Weight Unloaded/Loaded: 600g, 21.16oz/880g, 31.03oz
    • Magazine Capacity Standard/Optional: 13/15, 17
    • Trigger Pull: 2.5kg/5.5lbs
    Versatile yet reliable and high performance, the Glock 23 .40 is the choice of U.S. law enforcement agencies nationwide and is also the official service pistol of the F.B.I. Whether you’re looking for open carry, concealed carry, or simply home defense, the multi purpose Glock 23 .40 cal has the quality you need at the low price you deserve.

11. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Well Bro'S, after looking at several,and exspecialy the glock 26 9mm and the 27,40. The baby GLOCK 26 9mm is going to be the winner along with tactical light with laser and holster to match the set up.:cool2:

Cannot get it right off the bat,So the Hi-Point 9mm is what I'll be taking the test with.It sure ain't no Glock, thats for sure..LOL..Already have the full jacketed rounds to go pop a few into whatevers.LOL..That way I'll be ready when I take the test the 15th of next month. I already have the book with all the written stuff that needs to be done..Got it from my grandfather,He just got his license to conceal..So I'll let you know how everthing turns out..Shoot I might even be able to go froggen with the glock after I get it.:eek:oooh:LOL..

Attached Files:

12. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    I don't think you'll go wrong with the glock. I never thought i'd be saying that...lol I carried a Taurus 9mm for years and loved it. I never had any problems with it. After 21 years with the same department, I went to work for another department. The Sheriff told me that they furnished Glock .40's, but that I could carry whatever I wanted. I told him i'd take the Glock and keep it as a backup. After I shot it and carried it a little, I took back all the bad things I had ever said about Glocks. The Taurus is now my back up and stays in the vehicle. The Glock is so lightweight. I can hardly tell i've got it on compared to the heavy metal Taurus.

13. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    THEM BABIES are light weight.My Bro could'nt beleive it when he put the 40. in his hands. He was checking out the taurus's too..Heck I did'nt even pick up another gun ,besides the glock..Its all I had to do is to let it set in my grip, then I knew it was the one.. SWEET GUN INDEED..

14. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Went to the indoors firing range with my bro the other day, First 10 rounds at the qualifing distance of 27'- 4 went just outside the red 7 in.:wink::cool2:The next rounds were a little different popping them off pretty quick;Heres how they went,

4 missed target:eek:oooh::eek:oooh:
    2 went outside the rings
    6 inside the 7 ring
    8 inside the 8 ring
    11 inside the 9
    and 9 in the red. Not to bad for a rookie on the quick fire.

9mm keltec I think thats the name of it, The other one I was going to use jammed on the first shot,so I set it down.

The glock 26 9mm they have in stock and its going to be mine asap..:wink:

15. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Taurus 9mm Is what my Bro decided to get.:wink:

16. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Taurus 9mm Is what my Bro decided to get.:wink:

17. thunt713