What catfishermen think about bassfishermen

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Dragger, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have a friend that is a guide at santee ,He works out of Harry!s Fish Camp. Bass fishermen come down in their 40 thousand dollar bass boats,towing them with 45 thousand trucks, burn 300 dollars in gas, make 6000 cast with their baits that they change every 30 mins. and at the end of the day they go into Harry! for dinner and order ( CATFISH ) .:rolleyes: :confused: :0a28: :0a36:

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I say make them eat Bass or they dont eat fish!;)

3. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Do you know how much a bass dinner would cost? With all the overhead that one bass fisherman had just to fish, $85,300 and I bet if he caught 3 fish he was doing good. He!! a bass dinner would cost around $300.00 a plate! LOL

4. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota

LMAO....I just get a kick outta how appalled Bassfisherman get when a catfisherman enters the baitshop. It's like were some sort of low life, poor, beer drinkin fool or something.

5. fishmania

fishmania New Member

State:
    kentuky
    as long as a bass fisherman is fishing whats the big dill fishing is fun no matter what you are fishing for even if it is a little bass. lets face it not all of us are smart enough to cat fish so leave the bass for the rest

6. NCBASSIN

NCBASSIN New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I myself dont get the point .....I have seen some of the members on the BOC with bassboats but they are catfishermen I have seen a lot of guys on jon boats bassfishing....I have 2 bassboats and a 16 foot jon......I love catfishing just as much as the next man but i love to bass fish as well along with Crappie fishing , Bream fishing and the list goes on and on for fishing . I just dont get the point when we are sitting here talking about one another because i know for a fact that not all of you fish just for catfish. I feel at times when i read some of these post that im an imposter because i do bassfish . But i would like to say i visit the BOC " EVERYDAY" to learn from those of you who are willing to help out a fellow " fisherman" !!!! I hope i dont make anyone mad for posting this but it makes me cringe to read some of these post at time blaming bassfishermen for this and that when we are all out doing what we love to do " FISH" I would like to say thank you for all the fantastic info on Catfishing and this wonderful site.... But if im an outsider or bad person because i own a bassboat i can and will move on ...............Danny

7. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Can't we all just get along;) Aw come on Danny I'm sure Steve was just funnin and didn't meen anything by it just enjoying the irony. I think we all or most of us fish for other fish at times to so don't go runnin off:)

8. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Danny, don't go runnin' off. Understand that this site is about the only place they can rag on other fishermen and someone else will listen.

I'm too lazy to bass fish!

You get my PM?

9. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    I think I speak for alot of us when I say that Catfishing is the best !,, But I also fish for just about every other kida fish aswell and at times we all pick on other kinds of fisherman and tease one another about it , I wouldnt think we hold any grudges or animostity against you or anyone else for catching any kids of fish ..its just funny some times to watch some slick city dude with 100K worth of equipment cast 300 times to catch a 2lb fish and then have the balls to look down at me cause Im on the bank with a cooler and a chair waiting for a catfish, thats what gets us catfishermans hair up
    So dont take offence about us boys picking on that sort of guy with more in his boat then I do in my truck and all my gear and getting ugly looks for it .. cause Im likely to grab his 2 lb trophy and use it fer bait! lol

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Danny, don't worry about it. We have members that don't even fish!
    That is no big deal either, everybody needs a little company every now and then.

As for bass fishermen.. If they all quit today and started catfishing, the same people would be whining because too many people catfished and somebody was always on their holes.
    I grew up fishing, whether it was saltwater, bass, crappie, bream, or catfish.
    I am diversified. I can grab a pole and go in any direction with most anybody and fall right into the fishing and catch fish.
    In that diversification I know alot of what I learned bass fishing and studying bass transfers right over to catfish. There are some things developed for bassfishing that people use in catfishing. Number one would be some of the reels , rods, and then you have things like the no snag weights.

Fishing is fishing. Some people will always favor a type of fishing you don't.
    There is no rule in life that says you even have to get along but that is where the meaning of adult becomes important.
    I've never been looked down on by anyone while I bought catfishing items.
    God is my witness, I can strike up conversation with anyone no matter what their preferred fish is and no matter what his boat cost.
    Chances are good I'll get an invite or give an invite before we part company.
    Being an adult carries alot of responsibility and in some rare instances you may be forced to be the better man.
    Some folks are intent on making something as simple and enjoyable as fishing complicated. I just catch fish.

11. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    I agree that we are First and foremost fishermen (and women). Most of our differences are friendly. It's kind of like the age old battle between 4 wheelers and truckers. There are good ones and not so good ones on each side but they still need to share the road. We as "Fishermen" need to share the waters and help keep them clean to preserve their beauty and function. Let's all just work together, because if we don't help ourselves instead of being in conflict, our future of fishing could be put into danger by a few groups looking to put us out of buisness.

:0a17:

12. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Don't fish with blinders on, just about all game fish are fun to catch. As far as all that money being thrown around there, I've seen those types of "fisherman" and seems they are more interested in showin off then catchin fish.:confused:

13. Droptine

Droptine New Member

State:
    Illinois
    One of my best friends and coworkers is a diehard bass fisherman. I myself fish exclusively for catfish or bait to catch catfish. He gives me crap about slimy squeeky catfish and I give him crap about a $40,000 boat that is cleaner than my house. I accuse him of eating caviar while fishing and offer up one of my bologna sandwiches with a smattering of shad scales. The bottom line is we both have a passion for what we do. You gotta respect that. Oh by the way, he once asked me if I ever waxed or cleaned my boat and I responded that I usually just let everything I don't need blow out going down the highway and if I have enough sand in the boat the wind gives it a nice sandblast job.

14. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Judge not lest yea be judged. Soon they will see the error of their ways and smell like the rest of us. lol

15. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    :0a34: i have no problem with anykind of fisherman the one thing that drives me crazy is people that don't leave their fishing area at least the same if not better than when they got there :0a23:

16. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    We're not? lol :D

17. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hey Jim, what happened to the buck in your avatar, someone stole his antlers, hehe, LOL

18. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Danny don't move on, he!! I bass fish crappie fish bream fish I just like to fish. I was just saying that some people spend way to much money on fishing and most are bass fishermen it's just gotten way to high priced, the bass boats and rods and reels. I would have to win the lotto to keep up! Wasn't trying to put anyone down.

19. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    A fisherman is a fisherman, yes. But not all are created equal. I have, and will, continue to fish for every fish under the sun, but will never be one of those types that looks down on other anglers because they don't have the gear that I do, or the skill that I do. But I will look down on the anglers that can't show other anglers the respect while on the water, which in most instances is that bass guy with the big boat that wants to run full throttle while I'm anchored up in a little two man or john boat, right through my line, and have the tenacity to give ME the finger! Or, to have a couple of guys, same type of set up, try to get on a buddy of mines and my case because we're using live bait bass fishing, and tearting some bass behing up by the way! They even said we were,"Cheating"! I think that they were just jealous that we were cathing 8 fish to their 1, on ultra light spinning rods, out of a two man pond hopper! They really got torqued when we landed two fish over ten pounds and the biggest they had caught all day was 3!

So I think that threads like this don't start so much over what one person fishes for, but the type of person that TENDS to become a certain type of fisherman. Sort of like they guys who fish drum vs. king mackeral fisherman, in saltwater. The guys that are diehard either way, are easy to pick out. But there are a lot of guys that are "middle road", that show respect for either one and get along well. But it's like something I learned while in the military,"The actions of the few will speak for the many!" In other words, people will always judge a group of people by the actions of a few people that you remember the most. And everyone remember that guy in the big flashy bass boat that ran through your lines, the jet skier that just wouldn't leave the area you were trying to fish, the guy running his crab pots right in your chum slick, the catfisherman that swears his buddy has caught a 106lb flathead in a state where the record was just set at 78lbs....that makes a lot of cat guys look like liers to some people.

It all comes down to being respectful to other people who share the water with you! Fisherman are fisherman!

20. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    What can you say to that! Rep. points from me for that one.