what catfish do you target?

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by nitemare_63, Feb 12, 2009.

what type of catfish do you target

1. channel catfish

2. blue catfish

3. flathead catfish

4. other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. nitemare_63

nitemare_63 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    just wondering what type of catfish you target to catch? i am mostly a channel catfish person but i would like to catch any of them

2. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    i like to target the ol channel cats not as big as the blues and flats,but a day on the river with not stop action of them 1 to 5lbers got to love it

3. nitemare_63

nitemare_63 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah i here ya and plus there is always the possibility of catching a nice big one

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Blues and Flatheads on the Wabash. :wink:

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i do a lot of channel fishing but i target the biger blues every chance i get

6. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    If it swims, I wanna catch it, lol. I love catching flatheads....but channels are just as much fun (especially the 10lb+ channels). Never caught a blue cat before though.

7. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    we actually catch mostly channels but this year we re looking to get some big blues and flats,they seem to be the more aggressive ,and larger ones, like em all

8. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I like the channels when the the flatties are not bitting but I love the hunt/challenge the flathead give me it's fishing and hunting all wrapped up in one trip

9. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    At different times of the year, I target all 3 major species of Catfish. But my passion is live baits for Monster Flatties!:wink:

10. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Fished for the channels pretty much all my life. last couple years got into there blues, which has been a blast. Going to start concentrating on the flatheads this year some. Got an interest or bug to go after the mekong catfish at least once before I kick the bucket. whether it materializes is still yet to be seen. Having more freedom to go some places and try new things in my later years is looking appealing far as catfishing is concerned.

11. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I have been fishing forChannels for as long as I can remember. I started fishing for Flats alittle over a year ago and had the oppertunity to go for some Blues this winter. The Blues are great for the winter time but it is a 3hr. ride each way for me to go and fish for them.

12. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I mainly target Flatheads on the White River, But will target all everychance I get.. I just love fishing!!

13. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I mainly target Flatcats, but, I leave room for any other interested parties!!!:wink:

14. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I go after the channel cat's out here, but any fish willing to take a hook is all right by me:smile2:

15. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Apparently I mainly target the little ones:embarassed::smile2:.

16. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I used to only target channels this year will be my first season chasin flats:wink:wish me luck

17. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I love to target big blues and flatheads. But my favorite is a big brute of a blue. Nothing like watching that rod absolutely double over, barely being able to get it out of the rod holder, and then feel a freight train on the other end. Man I miss the Ohio River sometimes...

18. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    For right now, I voted for the Channel Cat. They're the most abudant catfish around this area. I have caught a couple of Flatheads too, but I mostly target the Channel Cat. Heck give me any catfish and I'll be happy!:wink:

19. Boondock

Boondock New Member

State:
    Harrods Creek, Kentucky
    Blues is where its at!

20. Bad_fisherman21

Bad_fisherman21 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Ill take 50 5 or 6 lb channels on lighter tackle over 3 or 4 12 poinders anyday. course ive never gotten 50 in a day but hey ive gotten 20 before and it was an awsome day