What brand of line

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by coltsfan, Aug 12, 2006.

1. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    just wondering what brand name everybody uses? is there one that you will not use?

2. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    i will not use any kind of stren. i use berkley.

3. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Berkeley Big Game. As I drift fish in the day time a lot, prefer the solar green, makes it easy to watch four or so lines in the water. But, any of the Big Game is fine stuff. Easy casting, good abrasive characteristics, and the memory isn't too bad. I use Berkely XT on my ultralight rig.

4. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I started using berkley big game last year, and this year I've used it almost exclusively. It's the strongest and toughest line I've ever spooled a reel with. I can't think of any reason to use anything else.

5. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Im like all these guys, I use the Berkely Big Game

6. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I use Berkley Big Game, P-line CXX Xtra Strong, and Cajun Red Cast. I use the big game on all of my larger outfits, and the cajun on the smaller ones. No real reason, that is just how it turned out. I find those to be some rather good lines. I use the Big Game in electric blue, the p-line in fluorescent green, and the cajun red in, well, red. Hope this helps :big_smile:

7. hawkman

hawkman Member

State:
    Hiawatha,Ks
    I like big game

8. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I use Cajun Line.

9. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I use 30# Berkley Iron Silk on one pole and 40# Premier Big Cat on another.. and for my baitrunner i use 50# Spider Wire " Stealth "..... Will not use Cajun line... Just seems to break to easy...... and i dont think it cast as smooth... but P-Line is pretty good.......

10. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Suffix and Berkley big game!

I don't touch anything else.

Suffix is a tad bit better because it's softer. But they have the same everything else!!

But I end up bying more berkley big game because you can get 1/4lb spools from catfish connection. At a real good price!!!

Suffix has no in between and goes to 3000 yards but it's like 40 bucks!

Josh

11. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    John, Stren is owned by Berkley, they were bought out over a year ago.......

12. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    I use 100 lb Power Pro for the main line, and 40 lb Big Game for the leader. If I get snagged, I usually can break the leader or bend a hook. It saves the swivels and sinkers!

13. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I use power pro I like it a lot better than mono:cool2:

14. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    okay dragger, i won't use anything with any variation of the word stren on it no matter who owns stren. i do like power pro VERY VERY much but when i found myself about lopping off my fingers trying to pull out of a snag after a middle of the nite nap i figgered mono 4 me 4 life.

15. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have been useing Cajun Red Advantage and Silver Thread. I like them both but with all of the good things I keep hearing about Big Game I may be trying that soon.

16. bhunt

bhunt New Member

State:
    *Required*
    Berkley big game 20# with drag set lightly.

17. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I prefer to use nothing but Sufix Tritanium Plus and really like P-Line also.

I will use Berkley Big Game on my Spinning reels if I can not get the above mentioned lines.

Have no use for Berkley Iron Silk or Cajun Red.

18. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I don't like any kind of line that has memory so I use braid, Mason and Power Pro mostly. I hear a lot of pople talk about getting cut with Power Pro but if that mono you're using was the same dia to lb ratio it would do just as much damage and I use a piece of wood to wrap my snagged line around before pulling no matter what kind of line it is to prevent damage to my rod , reel or myself.

19. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Ive tried just about all fishing line in the past 30 years. My favorite for big cats is spiderwire, or fire wire. When I'm fishing for bass, I like to use mono. I have 8 rods, and they all have something different and specific to different appplications.

But I dont rememeber trying any Berkley Big Game, but it's now on my shopping list.

20. Guthooked

Guthooked New Member

State:
    Ga
    Stren super braid, Berkley fireline, Sufis tritanium plus, & Stren magnaflex.