What biggest bluegill you caught??

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by F150Catfish, Feb 9, 2007.

1. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    My biggest bluegill was 9 1/2 inch on small bread by dock. I will find my bluegill pic then post it soon!

2. bigcats 24/7

bigcats 24/7 New Member

State:
    georgia
    i dont have any big bluegills but i do have a redear sunfish (or as people around here call them a shellcracker) 14 inches long

3. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    My sis in law has a 2 acer pond and I have got 12" gills and reds out of there. Now thats fun on a ultera light.
    Bill

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I caught some bulls around8-9inches but I love fishing for redears in oklahoma caught one that was13 1/2 "

5. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    I don't remember how long it was but I caught one a few years back that weighed a little over 11 pounds. That's right 11 pounds. The trick to catching big gills is the bait you use. I caught the 11 pounder on a 2 pound cricket.:cool2:

st

:big_smile_2: ​

6. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    My biggest true blugill was 13 1/2" and my biggest shelly was 14 1/4".

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Gosh seedtick, I had you beat. I don't really know how much my biggest bluegill weighed, but the picture of it weighed 12 pounds. LOL

8. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    dunno on bluegill, but did catch a 1 3/4 pound redear. had him mounted with another one i caught that was 1 1/2 pound. bout 13 inches long. lotsa fun to catch.

9. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    My mother once landed a bluegill with a 2 foot snake in it's stomach. The fish weighed nearly 2 pounds.

10. Phatdaddy

Phatdaddy New Member

State:
    ohio
    10 1/2 inch, caught him on a grub under a bobber.

11. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Just over a pound, caught on a fly rod using a popping bug. Caught it at the Georgetown city park on the San Gabriel River wading the river. Flipped to bug over to log pile and she/he took the bait. Great fun.

Sheldon Resevoir in E. Houston has plenty of big ones, 10 inches or so. Used to catch bunches of them out near where the gators hang out.

12. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Years ago when I was 11 I think i caught a 1.3 pound gill in a farm pond on a nightcrawler fished over there beds

13. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    was about 2 inches

14. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    i have never really caught a real big bluegill but my stepfather lives in lake lure,N.C.and a couple years ago he caught one that couldnt fit long ways in a five gallon bucket,it was i think bout 12'' and it weighed like a 1 3/4lbs. he was like 1//4lb off the state record at the time .

15. kingfisher1

kingfisher1 New Member

State:
    Texas
    91/2is nice
    were are you fishing?

16. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Bull Shoals Lake, Arkansas

17. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    At 1 3/4lbs it would have been off the state record by nearly 3lbs.

18. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My biggest Bluegill weighed in at close to twenty pounds. Attaining that great size of course altered it appearance greatly. It more closely resembled a bushy welcome mat. I had to send in a scale for DNA testing just so my buddy's would believe me, can you believe that! Well to make a long story short the DNA test reviled that it truly was a Bluegill scale. You never know what kind of fish you will catch on the Ohio River.:0a10:

19. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    jack you aint right :lol:

i know a pond that has 14 inch blue gill 11 inch from belly to back pan size blue gill

20. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    about 9 1/2 inches.cought it on a night crawler in about 5 feet of water off a dock.