What arrows should i use?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by kycatman01, Jul 9, 2006.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i have a buck(champion) solo cam bow. i believe it is a 2002 model. i have it on 29" draw, set on 67-70 lb draw weight, and the arrow would be 27 1/2". does anyone have any suggestions on arrows to use. it doesn't matter to me if it is a carbon or alum. my bo doddle rest will adjust to either.

2. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Id say the new Easton Axis arrows are about top of the line. I am gettin ready to get my new Matthews in a few weeks and that axis arrows are the ones I will be shooting. A lot of it is personal preference as well though. Talk to your local bow shop about the best match for your bow,

3. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Call your local archery shop, they have the Easton arrow chart and let them know your set up and they will get you into the right shaft. Either alum. or carbon.

4. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I use gold tip arrows. I highly suggest them. They are great arrows. My dad uses carbon express but he is thinking of switching to gold tip. When gold tip tested there arrows they shot it into a brick wall. The arrow did not break. The tip just got pushed up into the shaft. Ted Nugent also uses gold tip arrows so the should be enough proof.:smile2:

5. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My vote is for Gold Tip XT's

6. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    hmmm.... maybe ill have to look into some gold tips..... anyone got a price range???

thanks

7. dbowers

dbowers New Member

State:
    Mantua, NJ
    I ran your setup through my archery software and heres the arrow shaft selection that would be spined correctly using a 100 grain tip.

Goldtip XT 7595

Easton Redline 360

Carbon Express CX 3D Selects 300s

The Easaton and the Carbon Express were dead on for spine, the Goldtip was a touch stiff, but stiff is better than too weak. So any of them would be fine.

Hope thats helps some

8. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    ok, since many of us dont have machines to make our own arrows, i say go to your local hunting store, like gander mountain, cabelas bass pro shops etc. take your bow in and youll find out your draw length, exact pull weight, and what arrows you should use. because i did that and now im happy with my arrows. because you cant take all of our words for exact. just take the extra time for your arrows, because you may be wasting your money on the wrong amount of arrows, plus you have to have a certain weight for your arrows or else the momentum will be too much for the arrows and then bent or break them or wont make them fly!

9. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I agree...bow hunting is huge around me and we have a really goo archery shop. They will fix you right up. It's best to go to a real archery shop because sometimes places won't have the knowledge they think they do.

10. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    thanks to all! you have been really helpful!

11. bull_head

bull_head New Member

State:
    Laceyville, PA
    im new to the Bow scene ... but I was told that the Carbon arrows will hold up better than Aluminium .... im gonna shoot the Beman ICS Camo Hunter
    my Draw Length is is 31 inches .... Im practicing my first season and hunting next season .... right now Beman is having a Rebate when you buy a Dozen arrows you get $ 10 back ....

12. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    bull head, that sounds like a great deal on arrows. i might try those too. as for the practicing for a year, i would go hunting this year. bow shooting isn't that hard to get used to. just practice to make sure what distance you are comfortable shooting. then, just tell yourself not to shoot a longer shot than that. most deer i have shot with my bow were no farther than 25 yards. just keep your nerves about you and don't pull off and that will be a easy shot for you. so, try not to waste a season. this might be the year the big one falls to your archery skills. you never know!! i do appreciate that you do want to make a good humane, quick kill shot, as do i. like i said, just take a shot that you are comfortable with. you will really enjoy bowhunting. it is my favorite!

13. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    I would have to agree with Kat Buster on the gold tip's.I also shoot them and they are fantastic.

14. mangus

mangus New Member

State:
    n.c.
    take in consideration what gr. broadheads you are shooting and are you going to shoot plastic or feathers. you want your arrow to be some what balanced from nock to point. this is my opinion.

15. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    gold tips seem to be very popular rite now and i hear tons of great stuff about em. i shoot easton axis arrows off of one of my recurves and have to say they are some very durable shafts. ther is so much to take into consideration its hard to tell you what type of shaft to shoot but we can point ya in the rite direction....best thing to do would be to take your bow in to a pro shop an have them set you up with every thing from your shafts,nocks to style of fletching and remember to pick out your own colors for your fletchings...itll be like your signature.......mine is bright pink and neon yellow ;)....good luck