What are your goals for 2008

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Mac-b, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    I will start it off. My goals for 2008 is to educate, entertain and enjoy the fish that my clients catch and do the same with my fishing buddies from the BOC and others.

To offer advice on the BOC when someone ask for it either directly or indirectly.

To continue to work for regulations that will benefit the catfish fisheries in my home state and assist others in other states if I can.

To continue to be a good steward of my catfish fisheries on my home lake and others that I might fish.

To contribute what I can to the Carolinas Catfish Club during 2008 and beyond.

To try to controll my temper when those bass boats and personal water craft come to close to me on the waterways and bounce me and my passengers around. This one will be hard to keep, me think!

2. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Geez mac...I feel kinda under utilized...lol.

My resolution in 2008 is the same as it was last time....catch more and bigger catfish than I did the previous year.

3. Pfunk

Pfunk New Member

State:
    Lake Fork - Texas
    2008 goals: Fish more, work less... :big_smile:

Have a merry Christmas everyone!.

Allen

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Mine would also be the same as last year.

1. To continue to try to fish at least one new area of the local lake each time out. We done this this past year and were able to locate some more honey holes.

2. To beat my pb blue. We caught some 20's and 30's this past year but i'm still sitting on 43 lbs. for my personal best.

I'll add one more that i have started on the last half of this year and that is to test some different types of rigs and different types and brands of hooks.

5. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Folkes, hope you don't mind me putting my two cents in.
    My goals for 2008 is to travel to more gathering and other destinations. In feb- I plan on visiting my grandmother in Guadalajara Mexico. I ahave not seen her in 10 years. I plan on attending Degray Gathering, Keystone Gathering and the International gathering.
    I also plan on continuing my quest for better health as I have been excercising more.
    I also try to be a better son to my parents.

Jaime

6. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    1. Take my youngest boy (5) on his first all-nighter on the river and get a BIG fish in for him to see.

2. Spend more time with the wife and kids.

3. Make a trip to somewhere in KY or TN to catch a bunch of skippies - for bait and just because they're plain fun to catch for me and the boys.

4. Put my dad on a 40# or better fish.

5. Beat my PB 70# blue.

6. Get more consistent at catching fish.

7. Oh, and to do a good job at work so I can continue to pay for my fishing:wink:

7. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    may cut back to 5 nites a week on my fishing and spend more time with wife.
    gonna try and quit smoking.
    need to spend more time with my 84 year old mother who carried me all over texas fishing when i was to young to drive.
    and try to be more civel to people who --ss me off.
    merry xmass

8. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    If anyone is still clueless about me, I am first and foremost a SMART ALECK lol. I try to make any situation into a joke or a quip if I can. If you can get past all that I do have information to aid you in the catching of Catfish. My goal is the same as it has been since I first logged on here. Educate people on how to catch catfish. Give any pointers I can, then Watch them catch their Personal Best, then let them know that that will not be the last big fish they ever catch. I have put close to 10 people on their PB flathead the last ten years.These are my friends and relatives. I get more excitement outta seeing them catch their biggest fish ever, than if I caught a 50pounder each trip.

9. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois

10. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i plan to loose about 50pounds to help control my athsma so i can keep up with my 3 girls. and i hope to get into some 50+ blues before my birthday in april..

11. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I will fish more, exercise more, and eat less.

12. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    My goals for 2008 are as follows. Set all new personal best on channel, blue, and flathead , practice CPR on all fish over 10 lbs.

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Several of my goals will be my usual quest to set new PB's for Flathead & Channel Cats. I was able to get a new PB Channel Cat & tie my PB Flathead in 2007! I have one new goal which is a recent developement :crazy:, I just purchased my 1st baitcaster (Abu Garcia 7000 ICS Pro Rocket) and am close to selecting the rod it will go on. So the goal will be to learn how to use this outfit :wink:! I have confidence I can learn the ways of the baitcaster (at least thats what I'm telling myself) :smile2:I've used nothing but spinning reels my whole life so this will be a challenge but I'm ready for it :big_smile:! I think 2008 is going to be a great year! :cool2:

14. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I would like to be more consistant. Ultimatley find a partner to fish some Mississippi, Tennessee, and Cumberland River tournaments. I have no trouble finding someone to fish the actual tournaments, but when it comes to a few days of prefishing it's a different story.

15. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    My goal is to catch more catfish, and work on catching my first PB. And also to put my 6500C3 to good use.

16. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    To catch a 40 pound or better flathead. I'm sure I'll do it with the info. I've learned on this website. I have picked up so much here since I've joined the BOC.

17. catfishruss

catfishruss New Member

State:
    California
    Catching the California State Record. 101 pounds out of San Vicente Reservoir. FYI a 98 pound blue cat was just caught here at Otay Lakes

18. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Im going to take someone fishing that dosent get to go, or never been. smokey

19. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I was gonna say "Fish more---Catch a 80lb. flat--etc"., but there are factors in those goals that are out of my control. Therefore my goal is to fish for big fish.

Most of my trips are after work, and limited to a couple of hours.The most important fish on these trips is the one that keeps you from getting skunked (regardless of size).With the jerks (I mean buddies) I fish with a skunkin' can be terminal. This caused me to fish with liver and Sonnies even though they seldom produced big fish.

Kansas now allows you to purchase a permit for a third rod. I intend to use that (heavier) rig to present a cut, or live bait to larger fish. I will be using knowledge gleaned from this site in my quest. THANK YOU to all the members, and a enjoyable New Year to all of you.

20. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    my goals aren't as some would think... i not gonna say a personal best. i just want another consistant year catching quality fish! and in the process i catch a good one so be it.. i have learned over the years that big fish don't always happen, but you can be consistant in catching... i would also like to see more fish being cpred this year!! and last but not least.... i am on the pursuit of big lake flatheads!!! and would like to progress in my learnings there also...rollo