What are your Christmas plans

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Jollymon, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    We are hosting ,my family ,the wifes family an also my son,s inlaws ,for Christmas at our house this year .I am looking forward to all of us getting together for the day,I,m also hoping the weather is nice so Aaron ,Jim Aaron,s F I L an i can go fishing 1 day while they are here .

I would also like to take this time to wish everyone in the B.O.C. family a HAPPY AN SAFE, CHRISTMAS ,AN NEW YEAR .

2. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Well my moms side of the family always every year meat at my grandmas on Christmas eve...Then we usually go up to Sountdakota and meet my step dads family...But we a plannin on them all comeing down here to our hous the weekend before Christmas!!! Happpy Holidays To the BOC family!!

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    My 2 Son’s, and their better half’s, our Grandkids, me an my wife for Christmas day presents and food. Our gift is the grandkids having fun, food and we all get something comfortable to wear and sit watch football a movie and relax. .
    Tonight we taking the kids for a ride looking at lights and stuff. Wifes is making fudge as I am typing. Good stuff.

For New years. use to do a lot of fireworks and party a little.
    Now days, wife an I stay home, fire up the wood stove, maybe have a beer with the neighbor and usually in bed before the ball drops. LOL

I also want to tell all, Merry Christmas and a Happy New year from Dano and Family.
    Y’all have a good one, be safe.

4. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Going hunting at the farm in KY. Gotta love being single:smile2:

5. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    All of our kids will not be able to be here for Christmas due to living so far away. So we will probably have our Christmas the day before Christmas so the little great-grandkids can spend there Christmas at home. We wish they could all be here but just can't be. I think we will have a great time with the little ones.

Merry Christmas

6. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Kids all grown and moved out, will have a get together at one sons house with his wife, other kids and his fiance, and daughter. Then wife will be outa town a week later and returning on New Years, I will be guarding the fort. Already got me a couple rods for Christmas, and other toys, so I'm gonna make some bean soup and kick back.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The wife will work on that day,not sure of the hrs tho,We will have a Christmas dinner with the three of us,and hopefully my son ,and his two daughters. Then I'm planning to head to Eastern OK. to spend a few days with the inlaws and fish with my three best buds,one of which happens to be BOC member poisonpitts,Might get to meet two others as well,bulethead,and tallmanrus. Hope it works out as planned,Oh Yeah my father in law says he'd like to see my hook a biggun,Says I'm way past due.:wink:

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The wife will work on that day,not sure of the hrs tho,We will have a Christmas dinner with the three of us,and hopefully my son ,and his two daughters. Then I'm planning to head to Eastern OK. to spend a few days with the inlaws and fish with my three best buds,one of which happens to be BOC member poisonpitts,Might get to meet two others as well,bulethead,and tallmanrus. Hope it works out as planned,Oh Yeah my father in law says he'd like to see me hook a biggun,Says I'm way past due.:wink:

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The wife will work on that day,not sure of the hrs tho,We will have a Christmas dinner with the three of us,and hopefully my son ,and his two daughters. Then I'm planning to head to Eastern OK. to spend a few days with the inlaws and fish with my three best buds,one of which happens to be BOC member poisonpitts,Might get to meet two others as well,bulethead,and tallmanrus. Hope it works out as planned,Oh Yeah my father in law says he'd like to see me hook a biggun,Says I'm way past due.:wink:

10. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    no plans this year will probably visit our daughters in college.no presents this year due to paying 2 college tuitions.but we can visit.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
    &
    HAPPY NEW YEARS
    to all BOC bro. & sis

11. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Just a small family Christmas planned. My mother will join us for Christmas dinner. Christmas Eve we open presents and watch my 2 boys getting spoiled. In-Laws will join us for the Holidays.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!!:big_smile:

12. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Well, this year everyone is scattered. Nothin is written in stone yet on dates because there are several children involved that are children of divorced families, there will be alotta give and take on timing issues this year. We are lookin at the 12th or the 19th for our gathering here at my house for our blended family. The kids drew names and the adults won't be swapping gifts at all. Just havin time to spend together is gift enough for us. As far as the inlaws, I'm not sure whats goin on there yet. They have never been big on traditions and big gatherings. Past few years they have come to our home for a supper and gift exchange. Never lasts terribly long. But, this year, I haven't heard a peep outta them yet. Guess I need to be callin and find out something. To me, sometimes holidays get kinda sad... Ive always grown up in a big family that celebrated everything... now, getting everyone together is a huge struggle and nobody seems to care much anymore. Ohh well, when all the other family gatherings are outa the way, We will have our children and their bf/gf here for our personal immediate small group. We plan to dress as Santa and Mrs Clause and play gift swapping game of Dirty Santa. That should be fun.

13. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas
    Ill be doing christmas with my 2 kids in the morning hopefully with jeff on the webcam watching and on the phone so he can hear. Then probably going to my familys house for dinner and presants there....nothing special:big_smile:

14. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I am single with no kids of my own, so I get to spoil my sister's children. I say children, up until soon there has been only one. She's about to pop and will be induced on the 13th if the baby (Isabella) does not show her face to the world before then. My sister the trooper thinks she is going to have the family over for Christmas day the 25th too at the new house she just bought, God Bless her, she'll be so tired from taking care of that newborn. So plans for the day are up in the air as to where, but the company is set in stone. Two wonderful parents who have been married for 39 years, my sister and her husband of less than one year, and two nieces, Isabella the newborn and Hailey, age 3. Santa Claus might show up sporting a red beard this year (me).

I asked if they were going to nick-name the baby Izzy, like the late pet English Setter Lizzie, or like Ozzy, or if she would be nicknamed Bella, like a Disney cartoon? I think instead of Ozzy Osbourne's hand tatoo of O-Z-Z-Y he has across his fingers, mine will say I-Z-Z-Y (in festive washable green marker of course).