What Are Your Best Catfishing Trips Ever??

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Dec 6, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What are you most memorable catfish trips you have had? It may be a simple fishing with dad trip, or a longtime waiting personal best. Or maybe you caught a big stringer one night with some good friends. Lets here them. I will share some stories of mine own as this goes.... rollo

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Its a tie, the first time I met ProstreetS10, we anchored up and caught 29 fish in about a 6 hours period. Unbelievable, couldn't even get two poles in the water without one going down. The second was at the dam back in September, me and another buddy of mine caught over 300lbs of fish in 1 night. Great time, its times like that when you get spoiled...:eek:oooh:

3. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    one of my favorites was fishin the scioto fishing snags on out side bends one day a friend and i caught 13 flats 3 over 25 lbs the biggest being a 42 lber, a 18lber and a couple 15 the rest were around 5 to10 lbs man the was a day to remember:wink:

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Any day I catch alot of fish is one I remember.

One that sticks out was several years ago, when a friend and myself put 7 over 20-lbs on the bank, from the same spot.

That dont happen to often.

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Not a fishing trip per se but it counts, every year while my Dad was alive they would get a cabin at Indian Lake. During Desert Storm I came home a month early from my deployment without telling my parents. I told my sister to pick me up at the airport and bring me to them. My Dad was fishing not too far from the cabin and I walked up on him and like he was he started to cry. Im crying just typing this LOL. He had more than enough rod and reels so I knew I could fish with him. I think I caught a couple and he was carp fishing and catching some of those. That was probably my best trip.

6. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    its been a few years ago i was getting ready to go to the river told my wife that i felt lucky to night and im gonna get a biggun and i did about midnight got a 56.5 lb flathead biggest fish i ever caught

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We usually can put alot of fish on the bank here..We have had 9-14 flathead nights on the Muskingum, but not always them bigger fish. Our best 5 fish flat night was 107 pounds on 5 flats. We had a few others around 130 and 128lbs. if I remember right. But they were on more fish.:wink: rollo

8. slimdaddy

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    one time my dad and i was fishing the hocking river and he was down over the bank from me and we use to make our sinkers with spoons and he had a tablespoon size sinker on well anyway we was sitting there and a big carp i think took off had his pole bent double and the hook leader broke and he was sitting on his tackle box legs all spread open and that sinker came back and got him good right in the gonads he laid there and moaned for half n hour seem like he never set that way again after that

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thats in the daytime... the scioto must be set up for them daytime flats!!! Might have to give it a try next year. maybe you or the flathunter can show me the ropes on that river!...rollo

10. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Went to Santee one July, in 6 hours caught over 300 lbs. Biggestblue was 27, biggest flat was 35 . Best day fishing I ever had.

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You can't have a better trip than that bro!!!! Reps as soon as I can get ya . I wanna cry just thinking......rollo

12. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    One of the best times I had out was at Spottsville dam fishing with Dankitch. We put about 18 blue cats in the boat that day.

13. slimdaddy

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    thats a great story gary

14. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I actually have two.

When I was about 10 I went with my grandfather and my dad to go catfishing out of grandpas 14 foot boat. The way it was done bacK then was chicken liver on an aberdeen hook, no weight, a Zebco 33 loose line, let the fish run, count 1...2...4...pull! Well.... I couldn't master that and grandpa and dad didn't even fish that day and the fish was bitin like crazy but I couldn't hook up. Ended up my grandpa handlined one yankin on the line while yelling for me to reel as I sat slackjawed in the boat. It was so sunny that day!

Then last year, Rollo asked me along to the James and we met some great Virginia brothers, as hardcore as us. My first fish of the trip was a personal best of 62lbs. My last fish 2 days later and not weighed by rope measurement ;) was 73 lbs 8 oz's.

15. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    any time bro...there are many sections of the scioto that arnt fished much at all:wink:

16. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    One other trip that was decent was on the Ohio River. Three of us went and caught a ton of channels and three flats, a pb for a friend on the flat of 57 lbs. Wish it was me but enjoyed watching him catch it.

17. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    my favorite spot ...and one of if not the best time ever..I was fishing with my mother,we put some jugs out and pole fished a couple spots, we caught a few small ones..well it was getting dark and decided to go, we were rappin it up for the night and was roundin up the jugs, well we got all but 1 so we went lookin, about a 1/4 mile up the lake we seen it with the spot light and the closer we got the more active it was,i told my mom to grab the jug by the handle (a one gal. milk jug) well the jug had went under water and was bobbing pretty good and running away i knew it was a good one so she got a hold of it and the fight was on ..let me tell you first that my mother is 74 and a lil woman at that ..any way it looked like she was holding a big bad dog by a leash..after some enjoyment watching my mom fight the fish i decided it was time for the net ...a flathead weighing in at almost 50 lbs was cradled in the bottom of that net WOW what a night that was...cant wait do do it again with her ..she is the reason i love the outdoors....:wink::roll_eyes::smile2:I know see goin to see this so here it is..Love you mom..#5 son...Paul..pb

18. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    My 2 favorite catfish trips was always with my dad catching channel cats when I was young.

The other was when I caught my first flat out of the Skuke in 03. Holding a flathead in the middle of the city was funny. I told myself, "what the hell are flatheads doing this far east". From then on, I've been ON!

19. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i was with my mom and dad,i think i was either five or six,fishing the bridge at 207 at deer creek for crappie.i hooked a 3 3/4 pound channel on a kmart pole and 202,somehow i got it in without breaking the line,cause i was reeling as fast as he was taking it out.

i caught a 31 pound blue out of a pay lake that almost pulled me in when i was 14.

and the 32 pound flat me and ramrod caught this year out of salt fork lake.it is always better when you catch them with good friends and family.

20. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Sounds like you guys had a whale of a time! Congrats!