What are you Thankful For?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TDawgNOk, Nov 21, 2005.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    In this wonderful season of Thanksgiving, it is very easy to get wrapped up in all of the hubbub of spending time with family, and overstuffing ourselves. However, I would like to encourage each of you, to take a moment out of your busy schedules to remember what you are thankful for. If each of us would take a moment to reply to this thread with at least 3 things that we are thankful for this year, then it will then remind each of us, of even more things to be thankful for. By telling someone what you are thankful for, you are sharing yourself. As more and more people share what they are thankful for, it will allow each of us, to see this season in a new light, see each other differently, and brighten all of our spirits.

Thank you for your time,

Tony

Oh, three things that I am thankful forÂ…..

I am thankful for this website and the many people that I have met on here, and consider my "brother" now.

I am thankful for the men and women who are serving our great nation in the armed forces, police, and fire departments.

I am thankful that my brother in law is healing nicely after the accident with my boat. That he will be back to walking like normal by the end of Febuary.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am thankfull I still got my health, I am thankfull I got a wife..I am thankfull for my fishing buddy H20 Mellon..I got alot more things to be thankfull for but I cant remember them all.

3. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    I am thankful for the men and women who are and have served our nation "never forget the past" For my familys health and last but not lest that god looks over me every day because he nows what kind of a bone head i can be!!! :grin-big:

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm thankful for Living in America. and the opportunities this Country has given me.

I'm thankful for My family, their health and well being.

I'm thankful for our men and women in Arms, past Vet's, their families and their sacrifices made to make us a strong Nation under God..

The list goes on.

5. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    i'm thankful that God has been blessing me after having my neck broke two times and my back once, and I can still walk and catfish.

I am thankful for my wife and daughter.

I am thankful for my little part time job, so I can keep buying fishing equipment that I really don't need, just want, want, want.

Dick

6. Mr Phatkat

Mr Phatkat New Member

State:
    Charleston sc
    Hope of salvation, Life, Health, Strength, Family, Friends...That all in all, I can count on Jesus ANYTIME!..

7. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    :D I am so very thankful for my lovely Better half, April.

I am so thankful for my new extended family.

I am very thankful for the health and welfare of all the folks on here that are helpin others and myself to be a better fisherman.Thanks ;)

8. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    I am thankful for forgiveness in the absence of permission from Tony- for his not minding my long posts, based upon just 3 things (not including being thankful for what I just said). :p

I am thankful for my wife. (and no, she will not likely read this, but the truth is the truth and it needs telling) I am sure that many of you feel that way about your respective loves-of-life, but just to be sure, lets be as clear as possible... There is nothing in the world warmer and more welcome in any weather than a soul mate. Nothing. There is nothing better than dropping every poor moment of work-related misery on the porch and crossing that threashold to the world that a wife and a husband make for themselves. Nothing says Home like the welcoming eyes of a wife, the outstretched arms, and the smell of dinner. I am thankful for that lady not only cause she makes my every day and she makes me laugh, makes me smile, and makes me fat with her fantastic concoctions, I am thankjful cause she does all this and makes it seem all for me, but still maintains her world, her sense of self, her opinons, and her identity wether I am there or not. I am thankful for her being her and not an extension of me. I define me by us. I do not define us by me. I am thankful for her cause she knows this and does the same.

I am thankful for my family. At any holiday, one can look to the comfort and solace of one's family- One's clan- That which we use as a gauge for our self and what we believe and hold dear. As surely as the smile of my wife is a necessity for me, so is the big comfortable and familliar laughing hug I get from my grandfather whenever I see him. Holidays are made and thrive on successions of great moments strung together and hung on the heart like a garland. That hug, that presence, that opinion, and that man define for me what a great holiday MUST include. That sort of familiness. That sort of warmth with experience. That sort of voice of reason when nobody seems to make sense anywhere in the profane world around me. His living legacy is what makes our holidays such a mandatory event and an ignition for the holidays themselves, that they may kick off on thanksgiving and be put to rest with the end of the year. The only way to honor such an honorable man is to have a love for my family now and in the future as he has had for as long as I can remember.

I am thankful for my friends. When the adoration of a spouse does not quite fit the need and the comforts of those you came from are not nearly what you were wanting, there is no more welcome a fellow than a good friend or more than one if ya got em. I can have a good laugh with family. I can have a deep crackup giggle with my wife. When friends are around, though, a few moments of time can easily be ramped up into an all-out festival. When friends are around, there is no doubt- everyone is there to have a good time and not a single soul is to be left out. With event-specific friends, such as fishing budies or deer camp buddies or hockey pals, you have the added joy of long droughts between visits, which sweetens the reunion. After a long time of being off in your own world, a good half a night by the campfire sharing stories and cocktails brings the most distant relationships back to their center once more.

These are the three things I am thankful for daily.

Have a fantastic Holiday Season everyone....my BOC friends

Sal

p.s. Tony, I am not in chat so much cause it locks up my computer for some reason.

9. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    the outdoors, and all the beautiful nature God put there for us to enjoy

10. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    I knew Sal would have some good things to say on this one. I must say, I am thankful for all of the great things that have been posted already. I'll use a few others to make it to three though. A little more light hearted.

I am thankful for my dog, yep my dog. I rescued him almost a year ago, and he's become my best friend and companion.(I really need a woman)

I'm thankful for my job, yep my job. Its a company of great people that will help you do whatever they can to see you succeed. It affords me the little pleasures I can take in life.

I am thankful for sports. Yep Sports. They can take my mind off of my job, dog, and the fact that I don't have a woman.

In all seriousness though, I am thankful for my health, family, friends, being an American and a Texan, our soldiers past and present, my god, and so many other things.

11. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I am thankfull for a lot of things my wife, secure job, food on the table, roof over our heads, living in a free country.

chris

12. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    As a Christian, I have so many things to be thankful for, I couldn't even start to count them all.

I will start out this way though:

I thank GOD for saving my soul, and for his mercy and his Great love he has for all of us.

I thank GOD for my wonderful Wife and my Family, and my friends. This include's all my Boc Family..

I thank GOD for every day that he allows my Wife, Family , friends, and myself to wake up and be a part of another day that HE created...

The list could go on and on,but Tony only asked for three things..

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm thankful for God, family, health, the great life that I've already had and to be living in the greatest nation in the world. I'm also thankful for the men and women of our military that fight and die to protect our nation's freedom.

14. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    I guess the 3 most important things;
    1) My family whom for some reason, continue to love me for who/what I am.
    (I wonder why sometimes but they do hehe)
    2)My wife, who is not only my spouse,but the best friend I've ever had. She sticks right there beside me even when the going got ruff and lean. Now that things have gone the opposite direction, I'll show her in other ways how much she means to me.
    3) I am grateful and thankful for my parents who raised me. Even sometimes they thought I wsn't listening, I was, and it makes me a better parent to my kids by the lessons they taught me.

God bless all your holiday times with family form afar and wish them a safe return trip home.
    Happy holidays everyone!

15. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I am thinkful for everything that has been said so far. But, I am most thankful for being able to enjoy life and get out in it.

I am again most thankful that God has let me have a great family, two Grandma's one that is 92 years old, and one that is 94 years old. Both, I pray will be able to enjoy Thanksgiving again this year.

And last but not least, I'm very thankful that my Grand Dad took the time to teach me how to fish at a very young age, and I was able to pass this on to my son.

16. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i'm thankful to be alive and living in america too.
    i cant name all the things i am thankful for as i would put you to sleep
    and give myself carpal tunnel typeing it all.

i thank god and the american troops for keeping us in
    the greatest country in the world safe and free

we should all say a big prayer for them this holiday in addition to every
    night as well.

you all may have seen this before but it was requested by the author to have as many people as possible to see this so here it is and if you would copy paste and send this to all in your addy book i'm quite sure the soldier would be very grateful.

T'WAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS,
    HE LIVED ALL ALONE,
    IN A ONE BEDROOM HOUSE MADE OF
    PLASTER AND STONE.
    I HAD COME DOWN THE CHIMNEY
    WITH PRESENTS TO GIVE,
    AND TO SEE JUST WHO
    IN THIS HOME DID LIVE.
    I LOOKED ALL ABOUT,
    A STRANGE SIGHT I DID SEE,
    NO TINSEL, NO PRESENTS,
    NOT EVEN A TREE.
    NO STOCKING BY MANTLE,
    JUST BOOTS FILLED WITH SAND,
    ON THE WALL HUNG PICTURES
    OF FAR DISTANT LANDS.
    WITH MEDALS AND BADGES,
    AWARDS OF ALL KINDS,
    A SOBER THOUGHT
    CAME THROUGH MY MIND.
    FOR THIS HOUSE WAS DIFFERENT,
    IT WAS DARK AND DREARY,
    I FOUND THE HOME OF A SOLDIER,
    ONCE I COULD SEE CLEARLY.
    THE SOLDIER LAY SLEEPING,
    SILENT, ALONE,
    CURLED UP ON THE FLOOR
    IN THIS ONE BEDROOM HOME.

THE FACE WAS SO GENTLE,
    THE ROOM IN SUCH DISORDER,
    NOT HOW I PICTURED
    A UNITED STATES SOLDIER.
    WAS THIS THE HERO
    OF WHOM I'D JUST READ?
    CURLED UP ON A PONCHO,
    THE FLOOR FOR A BED?
    I REALIZED THE FAMILIES
    THAT I SAW THIS NIGHT,
    OWED THEIR LIVES TO THESE SOLDIERS
    WHO WERE WILLING TO FIGHT.
    SOON ROUND THE WORLD,
    THE CHILDREN WOULD PLAY,
    AND GROWNUPS WOULD CELEBRATE
    A BRIGHT CHRISTMAS DAY.
    THEY ALL ENJOYED FREEDOM
    EACH MONTH OF THE YEAR,
    BECAUSE OF THE SOLDIERS,
    LIKE THE ONE LYING HERE.
    I COULDN'T HELP WONDER
    HOW MANY LAY ALONE,
    ON A COLD CHRISTMAS EVE
    IN A LAND FAR FROM HOME.
    THE VERY THOUGHT
    BROUGHT A TEAR TO MY EYE,
    I DROPPED TO MY KNEES
    AND STARTED TO CRY.
    THE SOLDIER AWAKENED
    AND I HEARD A ROUGH VOICE,
    "SANTA DON'T CRY,
    THIS LIFE IS MY CHOICE;
    I FIGHT FOR FREEDOM,
    I DON'T ASK FOR MORE,
    MY LIFE IS MY GOD,
    MY COUNTRY, MY CORPS."
    THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER
    AND DRIFTED TO SLEEP,
    I COULDN'T CONTROL IT,
    I CONTINUED TO WEEP.
    I KEPT WATCH FOR HOURS,
    SO SILENT AND STILL
    AND WE BOTH SHIVERED
    FROM THE COLD NIGHT'S CHILL.
    I DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE
    ON THAT COLD, DARK, NIGHT,
    THIS GUARDIAN OF HONOR
    SO WILLING TO FIGHT.
    THEN THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER,
    WITH A VOICE SOFT AND PURE,
    WHISPERED, "CARRY ON SANTA,
    IT'S CHRISTMAS DAY, ALL IS SECURE."
    ONE LOOK AT MY WATCH,
    AND I KNEW HE WAS RIGHT.
    "MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIEND,
    AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT."
    This poem was written by a Marine. The following is his request. I
    think it is reasonable....
    PLEASE. Would you do me the kind favor of sending
    this to as many people as you can? Christmas will be coming soon
    and some credit is due to our U.S. service men and women for our
    being able to celebrate these festivities. Let's try in this small
    way
    to pay a
    tiny bit of what we owe. Make people stop and think of our heroes,
    living and
    dead, who sacrificed themselves for us. Please, do your small part to
    plant this small seed.

17. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    I'm thankful for a happy marriage and a healthy family.

I'm thankful that I have my health, and capability to provide for myself and my family.

I'm thankful for my friends, both new and old, and for especially for finding such wonderful family here on the BOC.

Happy Thankgsiving, Everyone! :wub:

18. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

My Family, and of course...

ALL OF YOU!!!!

Ray

19. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Friends like ya'll

20. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    I am thankful for every morning I wake and thankful for my wife.