What are you growing?

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by flathead willie, May 15, 2007.

1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I went to the City Market this weekend and got some plants in the ground. I've got tomatoes (Big Boys, Beef steak, and cherries), some chilli peppers, squash, cucumbers, and bell peppers,(red, green, & yellow). What are ya'll growing?

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Ive got sweet corn, cucumbers, watermellon, wax beans, bell peppers, onion and Im trying garlic too.

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    :feel_good: Jamaican tomato plants LOL Just kidding this red Georgia clay dont agree with all them tasty vegies

4. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    jalapenos, poblanos, cayenne, habanero, red cherry peppers, annahiem chilis, and serranos. Yep, we like peppers. Also sharing garden spot with neighbor with the usuals - tomato, squash, okra, pole beans, peas. We need rain!

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sounds like y'all got some good stuff growing. I love them fresh veggies
    Scott, I love them peppers too. I bet you got some good cooking at your house.
    I'm growing weeds. LOL. Got a yard full of them. Nice and healthy. I dont even have to water them There producing bout twice a week. I mow em and 3 days later, there up again. LOL.
    I did plant a couple tomato plants. I can eat fresh tomato's like an apple. Good stuff. Had a garden few years back. Hadn't done it again since tiller went down. Plus, like Terry ,
    we got a lot of clay in my yard. Makes it hard to grow things.
    I know a couple who has a farmer's market at their place. They do a very good job on growing , and a fair price for the product. Get all my other stuff from them.
    We bag cream and pulp hull peas, pinto beans, chop onions. Another lady makes us hot and sweet canned squash, relish. I think we're going to can tomato's this year.
    Always good eating this time of year

Good luck growing

6. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    I'm just growing old

7. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    tomatoes , potato's . jalapeño Pepper, Banana Pepper, Onions and cucumbers.

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    ROCKS, they grow like crazy here. Every time it rains more pop up outta the ground. :roll_eyes:

I sure miss my garden spot when I lived up north. But hey the fishin is way better here....

I'm going to have to get a dump truck full of soil and make raised beds in order to grow veggies here. I do grow a few tomatos in planters.
    So we grow flowers, ya lots of them in planters and also have good luck with hostas in the (ya you guessed it) rock garden....

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Maters, maters and more maters! LOL!

I was gonna go with a nice "CASH CROP" but, the police frown on that. LOL!

10. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    various 'maters, kandy korn, green and yeller squash, eggplants, rattlesnake beans, taters, herbs, several kinds of peppers

11. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Several types of peppers, tomatoes, artichokes, peas, beans, okra, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, yellow squash, cucumbers, zucchini, and pumpkins.

12. Skipper

Skipper New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Just maters for me. The most pampered tomatoe plants in the whole SE.

13. bank bouncer

bank bouncer New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    Everything, will be picking broccoli in couple days, aspharagus been okay, onions good, and tomatoes are blooming.

14. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Looks like we have a lot of gardeners here. Normally everything I put water on dies, but the last couple years I've done real well with 'maters. The only problem is, last year I planted several plants at the same time and the all came in at once. I didn't have all the stuff for canning so I was giving them away to any one who would take them. My bell peppers came out about the size of lemons or smaller. I don't know what happened to them.

15. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Feller that lives next to me keeps me in veggies, sweet corn, and watermellon. Good neighbor....:cool2:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Never interrupt your opponent while he is making a mistake (Napoleon Bonaparte)

16. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    So far have planted big boy tomatos,okra,onions,radishes, jalapenos, serranos, [peppers]. peas, pole beans,. havent got the zuccini,watermelon, garlic ,dill and whatever the wife thinks ov next in yet !!

17. bwillaub

bwillaub New Member

State:
    missouri
    Was late getting mine in due to the severe cold we had a couple of weeks back and the flooding rain since. I finally got the ground tilled, fertilized, and planted this past weekend.

I planted the following:
    1. Tomatoes
    2. Zucchini
    3. Green beans
    4. Yellow squash
    5. Okra
    6. Cucumbers
    7. Bell peppers
    8. Onions

I'll try to post a pic once everything is up.:tounge_out:

18. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just getting ours in now. Man the prices are getting high for bedding plants. Tomatoes are still my main crop I just cant get enough of them. Celebrities, Jet star, Early girls and Better boys. We do about ten to twenty gallons of juice and plenty of salsa.

19. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Have three types of tomatoes; Black Krim, Green Zebra and yellow pear. Roma's was killed before being transplanted.
    Have bell peppers out, jalapeƱos was damaged by a late frost and didn't recover.
    Green beans, pinto beans, corn, potatoes, oregano, 4/5 basils, 4 mints, a bunch of thyme. chive and garlic chives, strawberries, okra, lemon balm, catnip, 2 parsleys, cilantro, watermelon, pumpkins, lettuce, carrots, beets, spinach, swiss chard, epazote, zucchini, yellow squash

Have all of this planted in under 1000 sqft

Will

20. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas

just an FYI in case you didnt know...
    when choosing varieties to plant in your garden ones that are classified "determinate" usually have their fruits come to maturity and then are done. the "indeterminate" ones will keep producing a slower but steady stream of ripe fruit till the heat usually shuts them down. i prefer the indeterminate ones but the caveat to them is the plants keep growing too and can get big and a hassle to deal with.