What are you going to do?

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Bubbakat, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    In the way of prepearing your boat for the up an coming season.
    All ideas and plans wanted so don't just read and not post something .:big_smile:

2. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Plan to get my floor redone and possibly get around to getting carbs cleaned depending on funds.Plan to upgrade depthfinder, install a 20 gallon bait tank. And catch lots of fish.:cool2:

3. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I think all im going to do is put a new depth finder on, and redo all the carpet on my trailer bunks..I would like to paint the boat, but i just cant keep it out of the water long enough:big_smile:

4. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Ok.. My project is a 74 Crestliner, tri hull, open bow.. I'm going to install a plywood floor across the front where the seats are now.. That way I can install a 12 gallon gas tank on the old floor under it.. And move my batteries to the front.. Then tear out the 2 double seats in back and replace them with 2 swivel seats.. That will give me extra room in the back of the boat where I can install a livewell across the back of the boat.. By moving the batteries and gas tanks to the front, they will counterbalance the live well.. Unless I can talk the wife into trading it on a bigger boat.. hehehe

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill

Johnnie if you are having carb problems then you had better get the funds to rebuild them or leave it set because a carb can slaughter a piston in a heart beat.

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
  7. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Last week, I changed my water pump and my spark plugs,, took her out this weekend and the water was shootin out the pee hole like brand new,,LOL,, and them new plugs did wonders too!

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Figure out where to put the keg on the pontoon boat so I dont throw the balance off too bad.
    Think I'm joking?
    The grill came with it. You gotta have beer when you cook out.:lol:

9. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Willard
    Starting to warm up here in Nebraska, so can go do some work now not just dream plans. I know I am adding a larger anchor in addition to my two small ones, a bigger umbrella (replace home made one) or Bimini top, roller bunks (only a 14 ft boat, but the old man has hardly no push left to shove). Last year I installed pole holders all around, 2 small night lights w/ cigarette lighter sockets, carpet, small front deck (large enough to lock up the tackle box’s & fish finder, misc.) I also installed a simple upright pole holder that can be locked. New swivel seats. I know it is sitting lower in the water now than when I started so have to watch the weight. I find it fun working on the boat. Luck

10. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    just gettin mine in the water is what im aimin for:big_smile: iv been restorein a 16 ft lyman for 5 yrs. now have done everything you could do to it. just now makin rod holder rack on the back and new bildge pump and finishing odds and ends. this babys lookin good ill get some pics on this spring. i know that sounds like a long time ,thats cuz it is and now were almost there:tounge_out: :smile2:

11. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I'm gonna butter up BobPaul and Bubbakat, just in case I need them. Yes sir, fine looking gentlemen, those two young guys.

12. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    good thinkin right there!!!!

13. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    New boat cover, rod holders, and if lucky a trolling motor. I have to do very little at a time and make everything detachable. My wife don't notice as much that way. She calls it a family boat. I tell her as long as the sun is up she can call it whatever she wants, because at night, it's a fishing boat.

14. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC

Young guys! Who you callin' young guys?

Me and Bubba were at the beach when they put the water in:lol:

15. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Good one Bob.:lol: :lol:

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I won't be doing nothing for another 2 weeks till they will raise the lake level to it's summer time level. Then I'll pull the boat cover off, hook up the sonar/gps, unplug the charger, lower the boat to the water, put in the key, touch the starter and that 4 stroke will fire up. Or that's the way it's been working in past years. :eek:oooh:

17. Stainless

Stainless Member

State:
    Ft Smith, AR
    Let's see. I need to do the Bubbakat/Bobpaul recommended yearly water pump change. I need to add the four pole holders I bought last summer but never put them on. I also want to add a seat so I don't have to sit on that hard aluminum bench. Kind of worried about drilling holes in it though. I sure would hate for the holes to wear out and have to make more. I'll have to research that one.

18. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What are you going to do when the kegs empty Mark ? Stand beside it or pee in a bucket! lmao:eek:oooh: :tounge_out: :big_smile:

19. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC

Lyman was the first boat I ever fished out of as a young'n. A 16' all wood beauty. Put up some pics when you can.

20. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I'm going to put the bait in the livewell, go put gas in it and go. Got to scout for the upcoming catfish tournament.